Depression can strike at any moment, but it commonly happens during major life transitions, like the end of a connection. Symptoms of depression may include persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, anxiety about the future, loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities, and changes in sleeping patterns and appetite. It’s challenging to give up something old and adopt another chance in life, but it can be handled.
Para casos graves de depressão, pode ser necessário adotar uma estratégia farmacêutica, mas para muitos casos mais leves, os tratamentos com ervas podem ser muito úteis para aliviar os sintomas.
- Eat well. It’s important to look after the human body, since the health or the body affects the health of the mind. As tempting as it might be to catch junk and comfort foods, try to concentrate your diet about fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid highly processed foods and sugars. If you are fighting with your appetite, consider carrying around substantial protein, wholesome snack foods and eating small amounts every day. If your tendency is to overeat, don’t eat while distracted, i.e. in the front of the TV. Try setting a time at night when you stop eating daily.
- Take supplements. Start with a great, food based multivitamin. If you don’t eat a whole lot of calcium rich foods, have a calcium supplement. Try fish oil. Its most physical benefits include enhanced brain health. You may take 5 HTP (hydroxytryptophan), a natural antidepressant that’s a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin, which can be involved in mood regulation. L-Theanine is often taken together with 5 HTP and is a natural supplement.
- Implement a workout regimen approved by your physician. Cardiovascular exercise is great for treating depression. What you need is an activity that will elevate your heart rate and keep it up for a time period. This allows for the launch of the feel good chemicals, endorphins, which elevate mood. An extra bonus is better overall physical health and better body image. The perfect is 45 minutes of cardio activity 5 times weekly, but do not avoid exercise if this seems too much for you. Any amount is helpful.
- Talk it out. A good counselor is quite helpful. Having a professional, unbiased person to provide you with feedback and perspective on you and your previous relationship could be invaluable. You’ll be better able to process the breakup, in addition to take valuable lessons forward to your future. Friends and family are also important to have close when you are depressed, to provide emotional support and help fill the time you used to spend with your spouse.
- Faça a gentileza para si mesmo diariamente. Faça uma lista de pequenas coisas que você gosta de fazer. A cada dia, escolha 1 coisa da sua lista e faça por conta própria. Quando você tiver cansado essa lista, faça uma nova.