Difference between revisions of "Bed bug"
(Created page with "thumb|Bed bug photo (Cimex lectularius) ==✨ About== * Bed bug is a type of insect that feed on human blood, usually at night. ==...")
Revision as of 01:24, 14 September 2019
- Bed bug is a type of insect that feed on human blood, usually at night.
📖 Info list
- Common name: Bed bug
- Scientific name: Cimex lectularius (the common bed bug), Cimex hemipterus (tropical bed bug)
- Type: Bugs, insects
- Color: Reddish-brown body
- Body structure: long flattened body with small non-functional wings
- Food: Human blood (primary food), other parasitized hosts
- Ways to locate a host: body temperature, moisture, carbon dioxide and visual cues
- Feeding time: Usually midnight when human are sleeping.
- Length: 1 mm to 7 mm long
🔬 Scientific classification
- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Insecta
- Order: Hemiptera
- Family: Cimicidae
- Genus: Cimex
- Cimex adjunctus
- Cimex antennatus
- Cimex brevis
- Cimex columbarius
- Cimex emarginatus
- Cimex incrassatus
- Cimex japonicus
- Cimex latipennis
- Cimex lectularius (the common bed bug)
- Cimex hemipterus / Cimex rotundatus (tropical bed bug)
- Cimex pilosellus
- Cimex pipistrelli
😷 Transmitted diseases
- Short answer: none.
- Although bed bugs themselves can be infected with at least 28 human pathogens, no studies have found that the bed bugs are capable of transmitting any of these to humans.
- Investigations into potential transmission of HIV, MRSA, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and hepatitis E have not shown that bed bugs can spread these diseases.
- However, there is some evidence that arboviruses may be transmissible.
- Wikipedia: Bed bug
- List Wiki: Discussion forum for Bed bug
- You can help to edit and improve the information for Bed bug on this wiki page.
🔗 What Links Here
🔍 More information
- Google: Search for Bed bug on Google
- Google News: Search for Bed bug related news
- Google Image: Search for Bed bug related images
- YouTube: Search for Bed bug related videos