Find your passion. What happens in your life that gets you energized? What steps can you choose to live that fire and make a living with your passion? Live life by choice, not by chance. That’s the essence of Intentional. By definition it’s conscious design or purpose; made or done and done with purpose and intent. So be mindful and purposeful in the way you go about your day.
Once you start accepting that your life is all about choices, you take responsibility for your life and stop being a victim. Don’t let life happen to you – make life happen! When you do you will notice a genuine shift in energy, on your position, in confidence.
- Practice Gratitude. Be grateful for what you have on your life. It’s truly tricky to be stressed and thankful at the same time.
- Be present. Be in the present. Worrying about the past isn’t likely to change the past. Worrying about the future isn’t going to change the future. Be present now. Look after your life as it is today. Live your life as it is today.
- Be on your own life. Worrying or fussing over somebody else’s life isn’t going to change that person’s life. Their business is their business (except if it threatens themselves or another being). Your company (your life) should be exactly what you concern yourself with.
- Change your attitude, change your life. A small shift in attitude can make a significant difference in perception. You do not need to react to somebody being crabby by being crabby back. Accept that they might be having a bad day. Maybe their spouse lost their job the day before and they’re concerned about the bills. Maybe their car broke down and they want that car for their next job. Maybe they’ve only had to have an older parent move in and find it overpowering. Just that little change of “gee, something must have occurred in their life now to make them respond that way” is sufficient to make a boatload of empathy.
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway”. I don’t know who said this, but what a real statement! Sometimes the fear of change paralyzes us to the point where nothing ever changes – or, everything changes but us. So sometimes we just need to bite the bullet and “do it anyway” because not changing is much worse than the positive that will come from shifting. This applies to anything in your life – your job, your relationships.
- Release regrets, guilt, and other negative emotions. My mother was able to write down negative things and then burn the paper and then launch it to the sea. Let it go. The burden of carrying these negative emotions will not alter the function that caused them. It is only going to serve as an anchor of negative energy which stops you from achieving the life you’re supposed to have. Use affirmations. Replace the negative thoughts with positive ones. Be aware of your thoughts, and STOP when the negative ones attempt to come through. I imagine a big STOP sign that flashes before a negative thought!
- Drink a lot of water. Our bodies are mostly water held in place with a membrane (our skin). We will need to be constantly replenishing this water supply through the day.
- Simplify your life. Reduce the clutter. Reduce the running around if need be. Do you really have to get every second of every day full of activity? Find some quiet time. SCHEDULE some quiet time! Relax.
- Take a breath. Take another breath. Breathe. Breathe deeply. Breathe so that each and every cell in your body from your head to your feet feels that you draw in that breath and they understand that oxygen is coming.