In the past decade, reflux home remedies have become a popular topic. Many experts are now rethinking the traditional notions of natural health as acid reflux is more widely researched. Many doctors now recommend natural remedies for GERD (Gastro esophageal acid reflux disease).
Let me tell you why you should consider home remedies for reflux instead of taking antacids and medications. Most antacids or medications can only be taken for two weeks. The FDA discovered that these drugs can cause gastrin to build up in your body. Studies have shown that gastrin can lead to cancer. It is important to limit the use of both acid reflux medications and antacids.
Reflux medications and antacids do not treat the root cause of the condition. Both medications and antacids work by neutralizing the stomach acid that is refluxed. You must treat acid reflux. This is the lower esophageal (muscle flap at the stomach) and the lower esophageal (tube that transports food from the stomach).
It is a relatively easy disease to treat. Here are some simple tips that you can use today.
- Honey is a great way to get started. Honey can be used to treat acid reflux. Honey is a wonderful remedy for healing any kind of tissue. Take 1 teaspoon of honey before you go to bed, and 2 more times throughout the day.
- You should avoid acidic and crunchy foods while your esophagus heals. Soft foods are easier to digest and don’t scratch tissue. You should eat soft, non-acidic foods for three days.
- Drinking water after eating is another simple thing. Water will create a tight seal around the stomach, reducing the chance of stomach acid being refluxed.
- Apple cider vinegar is another popular remedy. Apple cider vinegar is bitter tasting so you can dilute it with water or honey to get a better flavor. To increase acid levels in the stomach, it is recommended to consume 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar each day. This will help in food digestion.
- Your diet is equally important. I could write a thousand pages about your diet, but I will only give you a few tips. You should eat only meals and snacks that are the same size as your fist.
Acid reflux and heartburn can be caused by eating large meals. Eat a diet rich in water-soluble dietary fiber (raw vegetables and fruits).