Overcoming Stressi: Seven Ways To Manage Stress In The New Year. Due to the fast paced luonto of the yhteiskunta, overcoming or reducing stress has made it into the list of top ten New Year’s Resolutions. Approximately 19 million Americans suffer from stress related disorders. The hormone, kortisoli, is released during stressful events. When stimulated constantly, as aika passes, it may result in psychological disturbances and a riski of infektio ja tauti.
Learning how to manage stress contributes to healthier and happier living. Here are seven solutions for regulating ahdistus.
- Adequate Sleep. Sleep is your number one defense against anxiety. It helps the mind and body to rejuvenate. When we wake refreshed, we’re more able to deal with stressitilanteet. For the ordinary person, sufficient sleep is eight to ten hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Meditaatio. Meditation is the opposite of the fight or flight mechanism. It’s a deep state of restful sense that counters anxiety. Practicing twenty minutes a day helps us to stay calm is stressful scenarios. Deep breathing, relaxation methods or visualization are helpful in lowering cortisol levels.
- Exercise. Resistance Training or lifting weights has been shown to be quite helpful in controlling stress. A high intensity exercise, of no longer than half an hour, is a powerful strategy in anxiety management. A moderate aerobic exercise, like walking or bicycling for thirty to forty minutes, three times per week, can also be effective. A balance of both kinds of exercise is best.
- A Tasapainoinen ruokavalio. A wholesome diet containing B vitamins and magnesium can help to alleviate chronic tension. B vitamins are crucial for stress management. Magnesium helps to relieve muscle strain, stress and anxiety. When exercising to decrease anxiety, a balance of carbs and proteiini is essential.
- Laughter. Laughter boosts the body’s immuunijärjestelmä and decreases the määrä of hormones, such as cortisol, your body produces during stressful times. One method of using laughter is to envision the ridiculous. Next time you feel you are losing your mind, envision your mind flying from your head and landing somewhere silly, like in the soup. Go to a fantastic comedy show or rent a tape. In addition to reducing stress, laughter has therapeutic properties.
- Attitude. Chronic stress is a factor of how we perceive the events surrounding us. We can stay optimistic when faced with challenges or a new scenario. How we perceive situations is a selection. When looking at a circumstance, break it down into manageable parts. Rather than making sweeping negative statements, examine the situation realistically and make steps for resolving it.
- Be social. Studies have shown that individuals who are more active socially are better able to deal with stressful situations. If you do not have one, establish a network of perhe and friends who are listeners.
When you are feeling stressed, call someone in your network to talk or set up a date to do something interesting. Allow your friends to be supportive. Try at least one of these solutions if your New Year’s Resolution is to decrease stress on your life. Any one these will help you in reducing anxiety levels. Choose one which is slightly above your comfort zone but workable for your lifestyle. Learning how to manage stress will result in a happier, healthier you. Constance Weygandt is a balance mentor, speaker and writer.