Today we are living in a health conscious society and we are constantly searching for ways to enhance our own lives and over-all well-being. The mega billion dollar supplement and vitamin market is indicative of our desire to boost, improve, improve and extend our lifestyles.
Particularly in the winter time, people search for supplements to help boost their immunity to stave off a cold, flu and other ailments.
- Vitamin C-Everyone knows Vitamin C is good for you, but why? It’s truly utilized by the body to stave off infections. Not only is it an anti-viral supplement, it’s also used as an anti-cancer agent. Because the body can’t make its own source of C, diet and nutritional supplements are required to get exactly what the body needs to maintain up its immunity.
- B Vitamins-There are several kinds of B vitamins and all of them add their own touch to boosting the body’s immunity. B12 is the energy vitamin in addition to the catalyst for cell growth in the body. This is significant as it’s the white blood cells which fight off infection. To demonstrate how they operate in concert with one another, the white blood cells rely on B12 for expansion and they rely on C to fight off disease. A deficiency of B6 can cause difficulties for the thymus that’s a crucial part of the body’s immune system. Luckily, B complex supplements are readily accessible so that you can find the whole Bs you require.
- Vitamin E-Older people are generally deficient in this specific vitamin. It’s particularly critical for them to find sufficient doses to boost their compromised immune systems. Studies have shown that when elderly folks take supplements with Vitamin E, the incidence of upper respiratory infections is reduced.
- Iron-Iron deficiency in the blood causes anemia, meaning that the body’s immune system is compromised. It’s typical for females to be deficient in iron due to their menstrual cycles. Anemia causes fatigue and fatigue that also makes the body vulnerable to illness.
- Vitamin A-Like another nutritional supplements, this one enhances the disease fighting skills of their white blood cells. While it works on a cellular level, in addition, it bolsters the ability of the skin and mucus membranes to ward off disease.
- Beta-Carotene-Beta carotene assists in the production of Vitamin A in the body so that it operates similarly in regards to the immune system. But, it’s also an anti-oxidant that means that it protects the body from free radicals in the environment.
There are quite a few other beneficial nutrients that assist in immunity, but these are the crucial ones. A multi-vitamin may be enough to find everything you need from them, just check the tag to find out if they’re all present and what the percentage is of the recommended daily allowance. You can even take individual supplements depending upon your dietary needs.