Nephritis can be a condition in which one or both of the kidneys become swollen. The swelling occurs in the kidney’s nephrons, which can cause the kidney to swell. There are many causes for kidney swelling, including infections, autoimmune diseases, and toxins. Nephritis can be caused by infection.
The main reason is usually the infection of streptococcus, which causes scarlet fever. Nephritis can also be caused by poor diet and a weak immune system. There are two main types of nephritis: acute nephritis or chronic nephritis. If not treated, it can be a serious condition that can lead to death. Nephritis affects mostly teenagers and children, but it can also affect other people.
- Colored urine – In the case of nephritis, urine may be colored. There may also be blood, albumin, and other colored substances found in the urine such as red and white cell clusters and albumin. In severe cases, the patient may have high levels of albumin in their urine.
- Pain in the kidney – This could be a pain that extends to the urethra and cause fever. A dull sensation in the back of the body could also be present.
- An increase in blood pressure – Patients with severe nephritis may experience an increase in blood pressure. They may also develop uremia.
Some home remedies may be used to treat nephritis.
- Carrot juice: A teaspoonful of honey mixed with a teaspoon of lemon is the best home remedy for nephritis. It should be taken every morning with a full stomach.
- Banana: Although it has very little salt and protein, it is high in carbohydrates so it can be used to treat nephritis. It is recommended to eat eight to nine bananas every day for three to 4 days.
- Coconut water: Coconut water from a tender green coconut is a great home remedy for nephritis. It is an effective diuretic agent to treat nephritis.
- Avocado: Avocado is a great home remedy for nephritis because it has a low protein content, but high mineral content.
- Grapes: Grapes are a good home remedy for both acute as well as chronic nephritis. It is a diuretic agent because of its high potassium and water content.
- A balanced diet: Nephritis patients should eat a balanced vegetarian diet that is rich in minerals but low in protein.