Overcoming Stress: Seven Ways To Manage Stress In The New Year. Due to the fast paced nature of the society, overcoming or reducing stress has made it into the list of top ten New Year’s Resolutions. Approximately 19 million Americans suffer from stress related disorders. The hormoon, kortisool, is released during stressful events. When stimulated constantly, as aeg passes, it may result in psychological disturbances and a risk of infektsioon and disease.
Learning how to manage stress contributes to healthier and happier living. Here are seven solutions for regulating anxiety.
- Adequate Sleep. Sleep is your number one defense against anxiety. It helps the mind and body to rejuvenate. When we wake refreshed, we’re more able to deal with stressful situations. For the ordinary person, sufficient sleep is eight to ten hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Meditation. Meditation is the opposite of the fight or flight mechanism. It’s a deep state of restful sense that counters anxiety. Practicing twenty minutes a day helps us to stay calm is stressful scenarios. Deep breathing, lõõgastumine methods or visualization are helpful in lowering cortisol levels.
- Exercise. Resistance Training or lifting weights has been shown to be quite helpful in controlling stress. A high intensity exercise, of no longer than half an hour, is a powerful strategy in anxiety management. A moderate aerobic exercise, like kõndimine or bicycling for thirty to forty minutes, three times per week, can also be effective. A tasakaal of both kinds of exercise is best.
- A Tasakaalustatud toitumine. A wholesome diet containing B vitamiinid and magnesium can help to alleviate chronic tension. B vitamins are crucial for stressijuhtimine. Magnesium helps to relieve lihas strain, stress and anxiety. When exercising to decrease anxiety, a balance of carbs and valk is essential.
- Laughter. Laughter boosts the body’s immune system and decreases the kogus of hormones, such as cortisol, your body produces during stressful times. One method of using laughter is to envision the ridiculous. Next time you feel you are losing your mind, envision your mind flying from your head and landing somewhere silly, like in the soup. Go to a fantastic comedy show or rent a tape. In addition to reducing stress, laughter has therapeutic properties.
- Attitude. Chronic stress is a factor of how we perceive the events surrounding us. We can stay optimistic when faced with challenges or a new scenario. How we perceive situations is a selection. When looking at a circumstance, break it down into manageable parts. Rather than making sweeping negative statements, examine the situation realistically and make steps for resolving it.
- Be social. Studies have shown that individuals who are more active socially are better able to deal with stressful situations. If you do not have one, establish a network of perekond and friends who are listeners.
When you are tunne stressed, call someone in your network to talk or set up a date to do something interesting. Allow your friends to be supportive. Try at least one of these solutions if your New Year’s Resolution is to decrease stress on your elu. Any one these will help you in reducing anxiety levels. Choose one which is slightly above your comfort zone but workable for your lifestyle. Learning how to manage stress will result in a happier, healthier you. Constance Weygandt is a balance mentor, speaker and writer.