Black Mold, mildew and several kinds of fungi are everywhere. It’s not uncommon to see it in your own yard or garden. These fungi are within your house, but I am trusting that the levels are normal in comparison to outside levels. The air we breathe contains these very same spores that is why some people have Allergy or Asthma Symptoms on specific days when the humidity and spore counts are greater.
Humidity is what causes the degree of microbial spores to grow. The hidden threat comes from a living in an environment which has elevated mold and fungi levels inside. Some people can smell it while others don’t. It’s remarkable when I walk into a customers home to perform an Environmental Inspection, I can smell the mold immediately but the occupants of this house don’t. This is what is meant by the hidden threat in your dwelling.
Living in this sort of environment isn’t healthy for any individual long term. We have many customers who have developed acute Allergies and Asthma after living in a house they didn’t understand that mould was there because they couldn’t smell it. All of us have a sense of smell that we were born with and it serves a certain protective function besides smelling great things like food and perfumes. Next time you walk into a building or friends home, be conscious of any odors from the air.
Your sense of smell will warn you when you’re entering a contaminated area with toxic microbial growth or chemicals inside. This why you’ve got a sense of smell to help protect you from black mould or compounds like formaldehyde. There are other symptoms which can be physical in addition to neurological. Some people also may have allergies to skin. We do not suggest any kind of this DIY Mold Test Kits since they may provide you with a false/positive result in your dwelling.
If you start one of those DIY Test Kits at a clean home, you’ll receive fungi to grow from the Petri Dish collection websites. The reason is: there are parasitic spores from the atmosphere in a clean house too. Don’t waste your money on those DIY Microbial Test Kits. If you’re worried about your home, visit the Indoor Air Quality Association and look up the closest trained qualified Professional and get them to test your dwelling. The outcomes will be a truer picture of what’s going on in your dwelling. The important thing to always remember, “No Moisture No Mold”.
It require moisture to encourage mold to grow. This moisture can be out of Dew Pointing or a water flow. Part of a homeowners job would be to keep their house by visually inspecting it for moisture damage on a monthly basis. Always check your house at any place you have an appliance or a fixture that uses water.
This will minimize any sort of microbial growth in your dwelling. To conclude, mold spores are everywhere on the planet, you just don’t want too much in your dwelling. This is when it becomes a hidden threat. Your sense of smell can help protect you from this hidden danger if you let yourself be aware. Using DIY Test Kits may provide you a false/positive reading and it’s much better to get a qualified trained Professional test your house in the Indoor Air Quality Association. If you have any queries, feel free to call us or see our site. We’re always available to assist.