Common cold and flu can lead to a sore throat. Any viral or bacterial infection can cause inflammation of the pharynx, or back part of the throat. The most common cause of Strep throat is the streptococcus bacteria. Children are most at risk for sore throat, as they are more susceptible to viral infections than teenagers.
This problem affects adults as well, but it is less common.
- Chronic coughing and severe pain in the throat.
- Inability to swallow food.
- Swollen lymph glands.
- Blocked nasal passages.
- Chills followed by fever.
- Viral and bacterial infections as common with the common cold.
- Tonsillitis and sinusitis, flu, measles.
- Rare cases of leukemia. In most cases, sore throat is not serious. Home remedies are the best options to treat this condition.
Conventional antibiotics are often used in acute throat pain situations, but natural treatments are always the best.
- Gargling is a great way to relieve a sore throat. The pain can be quickly reduced by gargling the throat with warm water and 2 tablespoons of common salt. This should be done 4-5 times per day.
- A mixture of cinnamon powder, pepper powder, and a teaspoonful honey in a glass warm water can help reduce the pain in the throat.
- Ginger is widely used to treat sore throats. This treatment is equally effective if ginger is taken in the form of ginger tea or ginger juice with little honey.
- Beneficial results can also be achieved by gargling with a mixture of fenugreek and saffron seeds.
- The throat soreness can also be reduced by using henna leaves.
- The crushed betel leaves can be applied externally to the throat to relieve pain. In severe cases, crushed berry plants can also be used to relieve pain.
- The bark of the mango tree has a high level of effectiveness in treating sore throats. Gargling is done by adding a teaspoonful to a glass lukewarm of the extract.
- Basil leaves are very popular for treating various throat conditions. You can make a decoction by boiling 10-15 basil leaves in a glass water.
This decoction is best if taken in small amounts, several times per day to get the best results. To sweeten the drink, you can add a few drops of honey.