There are particular advantages to old age: intellect, a relaxed style of life, a lifetime of memories and in some nations, free bus passes. These joys are balanced on the negative side by the fact that as you grow older, things stop working as they used to. This is a sobering thought, but you might take solace in the fact that elderly people are leading better lives than they ever have done before.
Schauen wir mal...
In part, this has been achieved through enormous advances in our understanding of human nutrition and longevity and theses well researched nutrition are publicly available. All of us know what’s good for us in relation to nourishment but unfortunately for the elderly, mathematically, elderly people get fewer nutrients and certain vitamins are a necessity. A slow loss of appetite caused in part by reduced physical activity and in part from the side effects of medication.
It’s a grim reality that almost 50 percent of Americans aged 65 and over are on 3 or more prescription drugs. Additionally, as time goes by, the gastrointestinal tract, liver and kidneys are unable to process and replete the nutrients which the body receives through meals. Most of the ailments we associate with aging like arthritis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, digestion problems, depression, sexual dysfunction and fatigue; are preventable to some degree or other without recourse to science fiction.
Simple supplements can help people live longer and more importantly, better. The formula outlined below relies on controlling cellular oxidative damage with antioxidants in addition to addressing total nutritional wellbeing. An assortment of commonly used traditional and contemporary constituents are included due to their protective and health enhancing properties.
- Vitamin B Complex 50 is a group of B vitamins which are important for brain function and can assist against Alzheimers disease.
- Spirulina is a natural resource for vital nourishment, also great for advanced mental diseases.
- Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant and a detoxifier, and research is continuing into its benefits against many different cancers.
- Flaxseed is necessary for healthy cell function and replication since it comprises vital acids.
- Garlic has been proven to benefit the cardiovascular and immune systems and is currently a regular prescription from arteriolosclerosis.
- Siberian Ginseng can assist the body adapt to psychological and physical stress and supports the immune functions.
- Ginkgo Biloba has antioxidant properties and is used for memory and circulation issues.
- Cordyceps has been shown to be effective against fatigue and premature aging. Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Ester C, and Vitamin E are powerful antioxidants and they work synergistically to protect cell membrane from free radical damage.
- CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant and may also assist cardiovascular function, protecting against cardiovascular disease and heart attacks.
- Reishi Mushroom Extract may increase the immune function and will help the body absorb other nutrients.
- Ashwagandha, the”Indian ginseng” is a powerful tonic for the body.
- Asian Ginseng has been used for anti-aging and is deemed to have anti-cancer consequences.
- Ginger is a wonderful digestive aid and it’s also beneficial for blood clots and anti-inflammation such as in arthritis.
- Amino Acid Mix may offer the body with a broad assortment of health benefits. IP6 is a strong antioxidant that protects the body from oxidative damage and has shown anti-cancer properties in animal studies.
- DMG (DimethylGlycine) benefits cellular oxygenation — protecting against the natural degenerative effects of age.
- Calcium Citrate, Magnesium and Vitamin D are essential minerals for bone health helping against Osteoporosis.
- Phosphatidylserine assists in mind functioning and might help against strokes.
- Zinc was known to be important for eyes and prostate health.
- Milk Thistle Extract promotes liver health. This formulation was developed in conjunction with both physicians and nutritionists and is available as one multivitamin capsule.
All the ingredients, in addition to the vitamins as complexes, can be found individually at your local health shop, vitamins store or online resource. However, it’s worth noting that you ought to check to discover if some of the ingredients interact with your prescription medication and you need to first and foremost tell your doctor and pharmacist what you’re taking. Unfortunately, there’s not a high degree of understanding in the pharmaceutical or medical world into herbs and nutraceuticals although some research has been conducted into nutritional supplements and the popular herbs like St. Johns Wort, Ginseng, Gingko, Cayenne, Saw Palmetto and Valerian. A dietician may have greater knowledge than your physician but there are also lots of sources of information concerning prescription drug-dietary supplement interactions online.