Look no further if you are looking for a home remedy for toe nail fungus to treat your infection. There are many resources on the internet that can help you find the right toe nail fungus home remedy. Here are six top toe nail fungus home remedies that you can try.
Before you look for a treatment or cure, make sure that you are not suffering from toe nail fungus. It is also known as Onychomycosis. This is caused by fungi infecting your toe nails. Toe nail fungus infection can cause thickening, brittleness, crumbling, ragged nails, dull color, and darkening. This is caused by buildup of debris under the nails, separation of the nail bed from the nail bed, and pain.
You may have Onychomycosis if you experience any of these symptoms. Although it is common to seek home remedies first, it is important to understand that you should only use home remedies for the initial stages of an infection. If your infection has advanced to a more serious stage, medical treatment is recommended.
These are the top home remedies for Toe Nail Fungal Disease that have been tested by people who have suffered from Onychomycosis. These remedies may not work for everyone and they are based on the experience of those who have used them.
- Vinegar. Vinegar. Although there isn’t any conclusive evidence that vinegar can cure toe nail fungal disease, research has shown that vinegar can inhibit the growth certain bacteria. You can soak your feet in a mixture of 1 to 2 parts vinegar and warm water for 15 to 20 mins. After you’re done, rinse your feet well and dry your feet.
- Vicks VapoRub. Vicks VapoRub. There is no consensus on the frequency of application. You should consult your doctor before using this product in any way that it was not intended to be used.
- Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and can be used as a home remedy to treat toe nail fungus. Mix some olive oil with undiluted tea tree oil. This oil can be applied to the affected toe nails.
- For healthy toe nails, soak your toes in Listerine mouthwash.
- Add some apple cider vinegar to warm water and mix well. For about 15-20 minutes, soak your toe nails in the warm water. After that, dry your feet completely.
- Use cotton balls to apply the tea tree oil/lavender oil mixture to your toe nails. Repeat the process 3-4 times per day. This remedy is effective in treating toe nail fungus.