Contrary to popular diet myths, the quality of your food and how much you eat will make a difference in your appearance and health. Studies have shown that certain foods can help reduce the risk of many diseases and conditions, including diabetes, heart disease and arthritis, as well as cancer and blindness.
Science is increasingly turning to the natural world to find solutions to the growing crisis in health care. Food is undoubtedly the most important non-drug medical field. Figures show that 95% of people die from diabetes, heart disease and cancer. These top three killers are all diet-related. Eight of the top ten causes of death in America are linked to diet. Many people aren’t getting the nutrition they need due to the West’s current diet trends, which include fast food, processed foods, and soil depletion.
These are a powerful dynamos that provide valuable aids in our quest for healthier living. These superfoods are kings and queens because of their extraordinary compositions. They offer a multitude of benefits to the body and its function. Superfoods are the best-kept secret of the plant kingdom. They have amazing health benefits, such as being anti-aging, disease fighting, mood-enhancing and beautifying, and nutrient-dense.
- The aloe vera inner gel contains over 200 active compounds and 75 nutrients. These include 20 minerals and 18 amino acids, as well as 12 vitamins (including vitamin B12 – one the few plant sources of this vitamin). Aloe vera is anti-microbial and can fight fungi, bacteria, and contains anti-inflammatory phytosteroid and enzymes. Aloe vera aids in digestion and elimination, boosts immunity system, and is extremely healing and beautifying for skin, stimulating collagen production, and moisturizing.
- Goji berries have 500 times more vitamin A than oranges, more beta-carotene over carrots, and 21 minerals. They also contain 18 amino acids (B1, B2 & B6) and vitamin E. These are powerful polysaccarides that excel in boosting the immune system, as well as other complex compounds that work in the body’s bio-magic. Goji berries are believed to prevent aging. They were reportedly consumed daily by Li Qing Yuen (the longest-lived person to have lived to 252)! Goji berries can increase your libido and lower cholesterol, as well as improve your vision. Because they contain germanium, a trace metal known to stimulate the production of interferon, they have anti-cancer properties.
- Pure chocolate contains more than 300 compounds, including psychoactives like PEA (phenylethylamine), the ‘love chemical that releases dopamine from the pleasure-centres. It is believed to induce feelings such as excitement, attraction and euphoria. The feel-good cannabinoid Anandamide, which mimics the effects in marijuana, has been linked to the runner’s high. Tryptophan is known for its mood-enhancing properties and increased levels of the neurotransmitter, serotonin. These chemicals are aphrodisiacs and chocolate is a king of aphrodisiacs. It also contains ‘nature’s Viagra arginine, which enhances arousal in both men and women. The highest antioxidant food on earth, chocolate is higher than blueberries, grapes, and green tea. It also contains the beautiful mineral sulphur, which is great for the heart, nervous system, and skin. It is no wonder that it is called the ‘food of the gods’. These properties are greatest in raw cacao (pure, unrefined), which is a world away from commercial chocolate products. It contains no sugar, hydrogenated fats or milk, and has no additives, agrochemicals, solvents, or other harmful substances.
- The nutritional value of water-grown algae like chlorella and spirulina is incredible. Chlorella contains 60% protein (19 amino acids, including all eight essentials), vitamins C, E, and a wealth minerals and trace minerals. It also contains nucleic acids (RNA, DNA), and chlorophyll (the highest levels of these ever found in nature), essential fatty acids, and a host other phytochemicals. Chlorella is a powerful detoxifier that removes heavy metals, pesticides, and PCB’s from the body. It is also rich in nucleic acid, which can be used to prevent age-related diseases. Chlorella, a popular supplement in Japan that is classified as a functional food’ by the government, is used daily by more than 7 million people. Apart from a few different benefits, chlorella is also a good choice for many other virtues. You should also note that grasses like wheat grass and barley grass can be potent detoxifiers. They are rich in enzymes, chlorophyll and antioxidants as well as amino acids and vitamins.
- Bee pollen is often called the “perfect food” because of its amazing constitution. These magical grains contain around 40% protein in a highly digestible form. They also contain 16 vitamins, 28 minerals, and a host enzymes, hormone precursors (that can stimulate hormone production), lecithin, nucleic acid, antioxidant phytonutrients, and other yet to be identified constituents. Studies have shown that pollen has anti-inflammatory and cholesterol-lowering properties, an immune system booster and skin healing qualities. Dr. Tsitsin, the chief biologist at Vladivostak’s Longevity Institute, discovered that pollen can be used as an anti-aging food. It was found to be consumed daily by more than 200 people from Georgia (formerly the Soviet Union), who were living up to 125 years old. To reap the health benefits of all enzymes and other healthy constituents, it is best to use fresh pollen. Other bee products, such as honey or propolis, are also potent healing foods.