There are two types of Angular Cheilitis: one that is bacterial and one that is fungal. There are many western and traditional medication options available, as well as natural remedies. Here are some home remedies that have been proven to work for some people.
- Anti-fungal diet. An anti-fungal diet has been used to treat yeast infections. It has also been proven to be effective in treating angular cheilitis. This means avoiding sugar, yeast, refined sugar, bread, dairy, alcohol, sweets, and other sweets. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and whole grains. Although it will take some time for the effects to kick in, it is believed to be very effective.
- You will fast for short water. This means you don’t drink water for at least two to three days. This can cause you to dehydrate very quickly, which can lead to other problems. The idea is to dry out the fungus and make it starve to death.
- Use nappy rash creams. These creams soothe the skin and keep it pliable and moist. It may be even more effective if it is combined with a petroleum-based cream to keep the moisture in.
- Cream for yeast infection. Sometimes, it’s caused by yeast infection or a fungus similar to candida. Some people have had success with regular yeast infection creams that are available at most pharmacies.
- Anti-bacterial cream. Anti-fungal creams may not work. This could be a sign that your cheilitis is caused by bacteria. Use an anti-bacterial cream that is effective and use it several times per day.
- Coco butter. Coco butter is an effective treatment for angular cheilitis. Coco butter is high in vitamin B, which can cause angular and cheilitis. You may be able to keep it away by taking a vitamin complex every day if this works for you.
- Bicarbonate soda. Some people who have not had any success with other angular-cheilitis remedies have tried baking soda or bicarbonate of soda to treat the condition. It is not known why it works. Perhaps something in the chemical composition of the angular cheilitis is what salt is to snails. It does burn a little, but it works immediately.
- Silver colloidal topically applied. Many scientists have recognized the healing properties silver. A silver colloidal cream may also be effective against cheilitis.
There are many other home remedies for angular cheilitis. These remedies can be dangerous or even hazardous to your health. Before you try any remedy, do extensive research and ensure that you are fully informed about it.