A simple fact of life is that at some stage all of us get sick. Catching a cold is as trivial as morning coffee. In an effort to stay healthy, people take vitamin C supplements, get decent exercise, and even have herbal concoctions in a bid to keep their “immunity” up. However, do they understand what their “immunity” entails? It’s a fact that if your resistance is low, you may get sick. But, what’s “immunity” and how does it work? Your resistance is better known as your immune system.
The immune system is the body’s defense mechanisms against illness. The system enables your body to be aware of the difference between germs, yourself, and the external world. Your body sees any illness or external nuisance like pollen, as a foreign substance. The body doesn’t like foreign substances since they lead to illness, pain, and other negative phenomena. That’s the reason your body is set up to fight against what it perceives as an invader.
Was ist zu tun?
There are natural ways we can strengthen our immune system.
- Drink Lemons: Lemons are the perfect food for restoring acid-alkali equilibrium.
- Give your body an herbal increase. Hundreds of herbal supplements and tinctures exist to provide the immune system further support throughout the winter.
- Get a full night’s sleep. Everybody’s different: your body may need anywhere from 6 to 10 hours of sleep every night. Whatever your personal sleep condition is, get it! Sleep has been associated with balanced hormone levels.
- Eat a lot of protein. Protein is a building block for a healthy body, mind, and immune system.
- Drink loads of water. This is almost, but not quite, a given; many headaches happen because despite the amount of reminders, people still are not getting enough water!
- Stop drinking coffee. Contrary to recent promotion as a source of antioxidants, coffee and chocolate are two of the worst things you can do to help your immune system and your wellbeing.
- Worse yet is the effects of refined white sugar. If you do just 1 thing to boost your immune system, eliminating sugar will do just fine. You will see noticeable results in your energy levels, weight reduction, resistance and your ability to think clearly once you break the cravings and quit eating refined sugar.
- Stock up on raw fruits and vegetables for their antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and fiber. The nutrient content that you get from uncooked veggies and fruits is unparalleled.
- Spend some time outside in the cold. Snowball fight, anyone? Exercise can make a noticeable difference to your health and pleasure by releasing endorphins.
- Nurture yourself. Ensure to take the time to yourself, spend some time with friends, and indulge yourself in a massage, a spa, or an energy workout if you want.