If we look life 100 years ago, and compare that with the today’s lifestyle, we’ll observe that Science has radically changed human life. With the advent of the Industrial Revolution in the 18th century, the impact of Science on human life rapidly changed. Today, science has a profound influence on how we live, largely through technology, using scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
Some kinds of scientific inventions have changed our lives completely. For instance the refrigerator has played a significant role in maintaining public health ever since its creation. The first auto, dating from the 1880s, made use of several improvements in physics, engineering and mathematics; the first digital computers emerged in the 1940s from simultaneous improvements in electronics, physics and math.
Today we have additional high- speed super computers with 100% precision. Science has enormous influence on our lives. It provides the foundation of much of modern technology – the tools, materials, techniques, and sources of power that make our lives and work easier. The discoveries of scientists also help shape our views about ourselves and our place in the world. Research in food technology has produced new methods of preserving and flavoring what we consume.
Věděli jste to?
Research in industrial chemistry has made a huge assortment of plastics and other synthetic materials, which have thousands of applications in the home and in business. Synthetic materials can easily be formed into complex shapes and can be used to produce machines, electrical, and automotive components, scientific, industrial and technical instruments, decorative items, containers, packaging materials and a number of other items.
- The use of science in daily life has helped us a fantastic deal in solving problems, managing the maintenance of health, preservation and production of food, construction of homes and providing communication and trans-portational (associated with transportation ) facilities. With the support of Science we’ve controlled epidemics and much other type of diseases. We understand the basic structure of DNA and Genetic Engineering is conducting research to learn the correct and proper Gene Therapy to conquer all the diseases.
- Science has changed the people and their living, life style, food habits, sleeping arrangements, making methods, the method of communicating between people and recreational pursuits. All sorts of music programs, computer games, digital video games, DVDs, theater entertainment and communication have been brought to our door with the assistance of Science. The life of man has been quite different from what it was 100 years back. Science has given ears to the deaf, eyes to the blind and limbs into the crippled. Science has satisfactorily, energetically and productively innovative, altered, civilized, improved and improved human life. Science has brought sophistication to human life. In summary science has changed, improved, improved, refined and modified human life in most ways.
- Today with the assistance of Science we can clarify what was odd and mysterious to the people of yesteryear. The Science of Genetics opening new doors of understanding the human anatomy and cell.
- Now human beings are becoming more critical and less fearful than our fore-fathers and ancestors.
- Two hundred years ago death rate among children was very high. In those days seven from eight infants died before their first birthday. Now with the assistance of vaccines, drugs and appropriate healthcare system life expectancy has improved. Now people live longer and secure lives compared to 200 years back. Biochemical research accounts for the vaccinations and antibiotics that protect us from infectious diseases, and for a broad array of different drugs used to overcome specific health issues. Because of this, nearly all people on Earth now live longer and healthier lives than ever before.
- Then and up to age 12 one used to drop in a victim to diseases like small pox, measles, whooping- cough, scarlet fever and diphtheria. Now Science has conquered these ailments.
- At a later stage again one was under constant threat of yellow fever, malaria, typhus, cholera, typhoid and flu. Today we have vaccines and medical aid to manage these health issues. Further research is underway to learn the causes and treatment of these and other ailments.
- From 1 individual the disease used to disperse among the other men and women. It’s called Epidemics. Now with the assistance of Vaccines and Medications we’ve defeated these diseases. But still Science must do more study and must fight with different arenas of diseases.
- Life was unsure. It was uncommon to see to a person thirty years old since due to diseases many people died sooner than the age of thirty. These conditions were prevailing only a short while ago.
- In everyday life, we must communicate with various friends and family, various official individuals and for general purposes. And several individuals to be contacted can be at quite far off distances. However, distance and time both have been defeated by Science. Whether we would like to travel or communicate, both are potential fast, briskly and expeditiously.
- These days there are very little chances of infants catching diseases, because births normally occur in hospitals under the supervision of a group of specialist doctors. Science has invented vaccines for young infants to protect them against potential life disorders.
- Young men and women will also be given medical treatment in time and nowadays the guy lives for about seventy years.
- Science and scientific methods have helped in discovering the reason for disease and its prevention.
- Sanitary condition previously was deplorable. Now we’ve got better sanitary systems.
- The city streets were unpaved; there was no proper drainage system. Garbage and other refuse was seen anywhere. Pigs were seen wandering through the streets. People got water out of filthy wells. Now filtered mineral water is available to conquer diseases.
- Now all these flaws have gone. There’s cleanliness everywhere. It’s illegal to throw garbage into the streets. There’s a proper drainage system and improved and new procedures for solid waste management because it’s been told earlier. There are different departments that bother about sanitary state of the towns.
- A century ago for home hold functions water was carried from plantations out in buckets. It occasionally proved injurious to human health. Moreover, it was inadequate for your daily needs. But today water filters have become a thing of common use.
- Now there’s sufficient supply of water in towns. For instance Los Angeles gets water through pipes from Colorado River, which is 340 miles off. This water is provided to Los Angeles following the correct water filtration procedure.
- With the assistance of science there is change in our food too. We get varieties of food. Previously, food couldn’t be preserved. But now the fast freezing methods have made possible preservation potential. As a result of modern technologies such as dehydration and sterilization there’s absolutely not any possibility of food poisoning. We get all types of fruits, vegetables and legumes. Even those fruits and veggies that are out of season.
- Not only our eating habits are changed, but also there are developments in our homes. Means of transportation has also undergone a large improvement and change.
- Science has also changed our perspectives. Superstitions have been discarded, since there isn’t any scientific basis for them. Now people don’t fear cloud thunders.
- Now people no longer believe that diseases are caused by bad spirits.
- Astrology and fortune- telling have lost popularity as compared to 100 years back. Nobody now fears black cats, broken mirrors and the number
- Because science has proved that these types of fears are un-scientific and foolish.
- Science has changed the longstanding false notions of the individuals, which aren’t supported by Scientific Facts.
- Research in the area of science and engineering has made people open-minded and cosmopolitan, since the Scientist doesn’t like to travel on the beaten trail and that he constantly tries to find out new things, new explorations, new discoveries and new inventions.
- Science has also brought medical equipments which help save human life. The kidney dialysis machine eases many people to endure kidney ailments that would have proved fatal, and artificial valves make it possible for victims of coronary heart disease to return to active living. Since the 1980s, lasers are used in the treatment of painful kidney stones. Lasers are used when kidney stones don’t pass through the body after a few days, it gives a quick and low-pain means to break up the rock and allow the stones to be easily passed through the body. This technique is named Lithotripsy.
- Arthroscopic surgery is a technique utilizing fiber optics to probe complex joints such as shoulder, knee, wrist and ankle to assess injury. It’s a minimally invasive procedure to repair a damaged joint; the surgeon examines the joint with an “arthroscopy” while making repairs through a small incision.
- 200 years ago nobody even knows that human body parts could be replaced or transplanted. Now kidney transplant is broadly utilised to save human lives around the planet. Dr. Christian Bernard first of all invented the system of heart transplant. Eye transplant techniques are employed in those days to see this again gorgeous world, for people who have lost their eyes. These are the blessings of Science.
- Ultra-high-frequency (UHF) waves have been allocated for variety of applications, including television, mobile phones, public safety radios, business radios, military aircraft communications, military radar, cordless telephones, baby monitors, etc.. So, whether somebody is watching over-the-air TV, talking on mobile phone, having police/fire/ambulance discharged to an emergency they’re undergoing, or using national airspace protected by military aircraft, all of them are benefitting from the science which has enabled the use of UHF waves. Even it’s used to treat several ailments.
- For communicating, now we’ve fixed cable phones, moveable wireless telephone sets, cordless telephones, cellular phones, wireless, video conferencing, Internet, Broad Band Internet, E-mail, Social Networks, Satellite Communication and a lot of other methods to communicate. These all are blessings of Science. Today we are better aware of what is going on around the globe because of satellite tv stations. The benign and benefits of science for human life are endless.