Telegram Open Network (TON)
|Related Wiki List||Type|
|Cryptocurrencies||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Exchanges||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Wallets||List of All|
Truth and facts
- Telegram Open Network (TON) is a fast, scalable and user-friendly cryptocurrency and blockchain platform.
- All telegram users will get a TON wallet making it the world's most adopted cryptocurrency.
- TON can securely handled millions of transactions per second using its unique multi blockchain architecture.
- When a TON blockchain gets too big, it automatically splits in two to increase capacity.
- All TON blockchains can quickly exchange data using a smart routing system.
- TON uses direct payment channels to transfer value in milliseconds, faster than Visa or Master Card.
- Unlike in older blockchains, TON processing nodes do only useful work, maximizing efficiency.
- Each block in a TON blockchain can become a blockchain of its own making the structure immensely flexible.
- TON will easily accommodate billions of users and thousands of decentralized applications.
- Speed and scalability that allows for processing millions of transactions per second and accommodating hundreds of millions of active users and millions of applications.
- Intuitive user interfaces that enable an average user to easily buy, store, and transfer value, as well as use decentralized apps in a natural way.
- An engaged user base that serves as the pre-existing critical mass necessary for the ecosystem to grow and eventually become adopted by hundreds of millions of users.
- Telegram Open Network (TON) is based in Russia.
- A cryptocurrency created by one of the largest encrypted messaging startup, Telegram.
- The official ticker symbol for Telegram Open Network token: TON
- TON coins: Grams
- Token type: ERC20
- Total token supply: 5 billion Grams.
- Smart Contract address (TON GRAM)
- Target: $500 million in the pre-ICO.
- Launch on March 2018 (approximate).
- Only for accredited investors. Beware of all the fake telegram ICO sites.
Telegram Open Network – TON (Promo Final Version)
Telegram ICO annonce leaked. TON Telegram Open Network
- Funds raised during the Telegram ICO will be used for the development of Telegram and TON and for the ongoing expenses required to support the growth of the ecosystem.
- More than 80 percent of collected funds will be spent on equipment, bandwidth, colocation, and user verification costs. The rest will be allocated for wages, offices, and legal and consulting services.
- 52% - retained by the TON Reserve.
- 44% - potentially sold investors.
- 4% - 4-year vesting by developers.
TON and Grams
In addition to payments for all digital and physical assets sold by individual merchants within the Telegram ecosystem and on other projects integrated with TON, the TON coins (Grams) will be used as:
- Commission (gas) paid to TON nodes (validators) for processing transactions and smart contracts;
- Stakes deposited by validators to be eligible to validate transactions and generate new blocks and coins;
- Capital lent out to validators in exchange for a share of their reward;
- Voting power required to support or oppose changes in the parameters of the protocol;
- Payment for services provided by apps built on the platform (TON Services);
- Payment for storing data securely in a decentralized way (TON Storage);
- Payment for registering blockchain-based domain names (TON DNS) and hosting TON-sites (TON WWW);
- Payment for hiding identity and IP addresses (TON Proxy);
- Payment for bypassing censorship imposed by local ISPs (TON Proxy).
List of exchanges, trading platform and marketplaces to trade, buy and sell Telegram Open Network (TON).
|Date||Events and Milestones|
|Q3 2013||Launch of Telegram Messenger and the Telegram API.|
|Q2 2015||Launch of the Bot API and Platform.|
|Q2 2017||Launch of the Payments Platform.|
|Q2 2017||Start of the development of TON.|
|Q1 2018||Launch of Telegram External Secure ID|
|Q2 2018||Launch of the Minimal Viable Test Network of TON|
|Q3 2018||Testing and security audits of TON|
|Q4 2018||Deployment of the stable version of TON|
|Q4 2018||Launch of Telegram Wallet|
|Q1 2019||Creation of TON-based economy in Telegram|
|Q2 2019||Launch of TON Services, TON Storage and TON Proxy.|
- List of team members in Telegram Open Network (TON).
|Pavel Durov||Founder||Known as Mark Zuckerberg of Russia. Launches VK, the Russia version of Facebook.|
|Nikolai Durov||Co-Founder||Pavel Durov and Nikolai Durov are brothers.|
|Aliaksei Levin||Team Member|
|Vitalik Valtman||Team Member|
|Arseny Smirnov||Team Member|
- Official Telegram Open Network (TON) White Paper (PDF)
- Detailed 132-page of Telegram Open Network Technology (PDF)
Frequently asked questions
- TechCrunch: Telegram plans multi-billion dollar ICO for chat cryptocurrency
- CryptoVest: Exclusive: Telegram ICO (TON); Roadmap and Gram Token Price Leaked
- CoinTelegraph: Exclusive: Telegram to Release Blockchain Platform, Native Cryptocurrency
- BitcoinTalk: Telegram plans multi-billion dollar ICO for chat cryptocurrency
- Reddit: Telegram ICO (Telegram Open Network, TON) built on top of OMG?