|Related Wiki List||Type|
|Cryptocurrencies||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Exchanges||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Wallets||List of All|
Truth and facts
- SIA is a decentralized cloud storage. Store your data securely in the cloud without the need to trust any central service.
- SIA is a collaborative cloud for data storage, a decentralized, distributed storage network that's tracked by smart contracts.
- SIA is a peer-to-peer network formed of many hosts located around the world, removing the centralized server, reduces storage costs and improves access speed and reliability.
- Today in cloud storage, a single company controls your data and in recent years, the trend has increasingly been for companies to abuse the privacy rights of users in pursuit of higher profits. That's why SIA is created, a collaborative cloud for data storage.
- We all have lots of valuable files who want to store in the cloud for safekeeping. Family photos, music, work documents or developers application data.
- Your encrypted files are spread across multiple nodes, no single host holds any significant piece. Data is encrypted using keys which only the uploader holds.
- SIA blows traditional storage out of the cloud, putting you back in control.
- Completely private: Sia splits apart, encrypts, and distributes your files across a decentralized network. Since you hold the keys, you own your data. No outside company can access or control your files, unlike traditional cloud storage providers.
- Far more affordable: Sia's decentralized cloud is on average 10x less expensive than current cloud storage providers. Storing 1TB on Sia costs about $2 per month, compared with $23 on Amazon S3. Calculate your savings below!
- Highly redundant: Sia stores tiny pieces of your files on dozens of nodes across the globe. This eliminates any single point of failure and ensures highest possible uptime, on par with other cloud storage providers.
- Open source: Sia is completely open source. Over a dozen individuals have contributed to Sia's software, and there is an active community building innovative applications on top of the Sia API.
- Marketplace on blockchain: Using the Sia blockchain, Sia creates a decentralized storage marketplace in which hosts compete for your business – this leads to the lowest possible prices. Renters pay using Siacoin, which can also be mined and traded.
- Slogan: Your decentralized cloud backend.
- Welcome to a new era of cloud storage on the blockchain
- Siacoin (SC) is based in Boston, MA, United States.
- Address: Nebulous Inc., 280 Congress St, Floor 12, Boston, MA, 02210, USA.
- Sia is backed by Nebulous labs.
- Launched in June 2015.
- The official ticker symbol for Siacoin token: SC
- Token type: ERC20
- Circulating Supply: 31,396,146,174 SC
List of exchanges, trading platform and marketplaces to trade, buy and sell Siacoin (SC).
Frequently asked questions