|Related Wiki List||Type|
|Cryptocurrencies||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Exchanges||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Wallets||List of All|
|Bitcoin (BTC)||Detail Page|
|Qtum (QTUM) Trading Platforms||List of All|
Truth and facts
- The Blockchain Made Ready for Business - Qtum allows developers to build decentralized applications that simply work and executable on mobile devices, compatible with major existing blockchain ecosystems.
- The decentralized governance protocol of Qtum’s blockchain, gives the community the freedom to grow and prosper, and allow the power of blockchain to be put right on the palm of your hand on mobile devices.
- Qtum is designed to be modular, decentralized, and mobile blockchain.
- Qtum provides a truly complete blockchain stack and mobile friendly wallets for IOT applications, designed to break the gap between blockchains and the business world.
- A practical business workflow that communicate with trusted data feeds and oracles.
- Qtum supports current and future UTXO based improvement like SegWit, allowing smart contracts and decentralized applications to run on a familiar foundation, giving you the opportunity to develop unstoppable applications.
- Qtum is based in Singapore.
- Slogan: Defining the blockchain economy
- Official site is available in English and Chinese languages.
- We’ve combined the most developed and trusted blockchain to create Qtum, the next generation blockchain application platform.
- Token sale (ICO) starts on 12 Mar 2017 and ends on 17 Mar 2017.
Qtum - Defining the Blockchain Economy
Build decentralized applications you can trust
- Combining a modified Bitcoin Core infrastructure with an intercompatible version of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), Qtum merges the reliability of Bitcoin’s unfailing blockchain with the endless possibilities provided by smart contracts.
- Designed with stability, modularity and interoperability in mind, Qtum is the foremost toolkit for building trusted decentralized applications, suited for real-world, business oriented use cases. Its hybrid nature, in combination with a first-of-its-kind PoS consensus protocol, allow Qtum applications to be compatible with major blockchain ecosystems, while providing native support for mobile devices and IoT appliances.
Smart contracts that mean business
- Qtum makes it easier than ever for established sectors and legacy institutions to interface with blockchain technology.
- Create your own tokens, automate supply chain management and engage in self-executing agreements in a standardized environment, verified and tested for stability.
- Smart contract lifecycle management - Qtum, in cooperation with its academic partners, develops tools and methods to standardize the workflow for business smart contract development. This includes the formally verifiable translation of human-readable agreements to machine smart contracts, and the error-resilient specification of their elements, terms and conditions.
- Setting industry standards - Cooperating with a series of partners and third parties, Qtum aims to establish a smart contract hub, offering secure and thoroughly tested contract templates, tailor fitted for a multitude of industries and use cases, such as supply chain management, telecommunications, IoT, social networking, and many more.
- Building on Bitcoin’s UTXO model, the simple payment verification (SPV) protocol is supported by the Qtum codebase by default. As a result, it is now possible to execute smart contracts from lite wallets, which can be easily installed on any given mobile device, heralding an age of mobile decentralized applications. 
- With this, the blockchain is finally ready to take up disruption in a world in which half of all internet traffic is being generated by smartphones and tablets.
Account abstraction layer
- Qtum extends Bitcoins 'Script' language so that it functions as a vehicle to transport code to Qtum’s version of the EVM. With this, it is now possible to execute smart contracts and run decentralized applications, simply and securely, in environments that were previously out of reach for turing-complete blockchains, combining the endless possibilities provided by smart contracts with the stability and maturity of the bitcoin ecosystem.
Cross platform and backward compatibility
- Qtum is compatible with existing Ethereum contracts as well as Bitcoin gateways, and will maintain backward-compatibility even if the system is updated.
Frequently asked questions
- 74,546 (Global)
- 38,627 (U.S.)
- updated on Dec 19, 2017