|Related Wiki List||Type|
|Cryptocurrencies||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Exchanges||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Wallets||List of All|
|Litecoin (LTC) Trading Platforms||List of All|
Truth & Facts
- Litecoin is an open source peer-to-peer (p2p) cryptocurrency for payments.
- Based on blockchain technology.
- Fully decentralized global payment network. No any bank or central authorities are involved.
- First release in 7 October 2011.
- Creator: Charlie Lee
- Uses 'Scrypt'.
- Faster block generation rate, which enables the network to support more transactions without the need to modify the software in the future.
- Instant and almost zero payment cost.
- Faster transaction confirmation and verification time.
- Empowers individual to control their own finances.
- Improved storage efficiency.
- Released under the MIT/X11 license, which gives you the power to run, modify, and copy the software and to distribute modified copies of the software.
- Able to handle higher transaction volume compared to Bitcoin.
- No chargeback.
- Stable value. A fixed amount of 84 million Litecoin is available, which prevents inflation from happening where the value of Litecoin will decrease.