|Related Wiki List||Type|
|Ethereum (ETH) Trading Platforms||List of All|
|Videos:Ethereum||List of All (Videos)|
|Cryptocurrencies||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Wallets||List of All|
Truth & Facts
- Ethereum is a decentralized cryptocurrency featuring blockchain app platform and smart contract.
- Ether is the cryptocurrency token for Ethereum. Ether is also known as the crypto-fuel for the Ethereum network.
- Decentralized blockchain computing platform featuring smart contract.
- Provides the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), a decentralized Turing-complete virtual machine, which execute scripts using network of public nodes.
- Proposed by Vitalik Buterin in late 2013. Vitalik Buterin is an inventor of Ethereum, protocol developer and researcher.
- Transactions per second (TPS) for Ethereum: 15
- Currently is considered the second most popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin.
- Slogan: Blockchain App Platform
- Build unstoppable applications on Ethereum platform, which is a decentralized platform that runs smart contract.
Story and history
- Split and forked into Ethereum (ETH) and Ethereum Classic (ETC) on 20 Jul 2016, on block 1920001. Ethereum Classic is the original and Ethereum is the new forked version instead. This is due to the collapse of 'The DAO' project.
Ethereum: the World Computer
- Measurement for Ethereum:
- Eth: 95 million Eth at the moment.
- wei: 95 septillion wei on today.
Frequently asked questions
- Ethereum VS Bitcoin, what is the current status and situation?
- Currently Bitcoin is the most valuable currency in the world followed by Ethereum. Bitcoin has the network of money while Ethereum has the network of developers. But according to Zooko Wilcox, network of developers are more important than the network of money in the long run.