|Related Wiki List||Type|
|Cryptocurrencies||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Exchanges||List of All|
|Cryptocurrency Wallets||List of All|
Truth and facts
- DigiByte is a public, rapidly growing and highly decentralized payment network and digital currency using blockchain technology.
- DIgiByte allows you to move money over the internet similar to PayPal and Western Union but with many improvements, including lightning fast transactions with minimal or no fees.
- DigiBytes are digital packages that cannot be destroyed, counterfeited or hacked, making them ideal for protecting objects of value like currency, information, property or important digital data.
- DigiBytes can be sent over the DigiByte Blockchain and forever recorded on an immutable public ledger that is decentralized on thousands of computers across the planet.
- Slogan: Fastest, longest, most decentralized UTXO blockchain in the world today.
- Founded in year 2013.
- DigiByte in Chinese language: 极特币
- The official ticker symbol for DigiByte coin: DGB
- Total coin supply: 21,000,000,000 DGB (21 billion DigiByte will be created over 21 years, 1:1000 radio - 1 Bitcoin for every 1000 DigiBytes)
- Circulating Supply: 10,269,476,315 DGB
What is DigiByte? ( Updated)
Numbers and facts
- 21 billion DigiByte will be created in 21 years, but new DigiByte production decreases 1% every month. Mining is decentralized with five independent, highly secure algorithms. DigiByte transaction notifications occur in 1-3 seconds. Blocks are discovered every thirty seconds and transactions are fully confirmed every 3 minutes. Most DigiByte to DigiByte transactions are free or carry a very small network-mining fee. There is no need for a middleman or third party or central server and DigiByte are already stored, traded and transacted in over 89 countries.
- Security: Multi-PoW with 5 mining algorithms
- Provides excellent decentralization.
- Algorithms can be swapped in the future to prevent centralization.
- Speed: DigiByte transactions occur and confirm very fast.
- 1-3 second transaction notifications.
- 15 second DigiByte blocks.
- DigiByte are confirmed after 15 minutes.
- Flexibility: Ability to quickly add new features,
- New features and upgrades can be added quickly.
- Future upgrades will push transaction limit to thousands per second.
- Transaction Volume: DigiByte can handle a staggering amount of transactions per second.
- DigiByte currently can handle 280+ transactions per second.
- Ability to double the capacity of the network every two years.
- Marketability and Usability: DigiByte is an easy to market brand for young consumers.
- DigiByte are much cheaper to acquire.
- Send 5 DigiByte instead of 0.00005 Bitcoin.
- A secure and fast payment network for everyone.
- We envision DigiByte becoming a decentralized payment network and digital currency used by millions of people across the planet to quickly and easily buy and sell good and services over the internet, in store, or person to person with little to no fees.
- Absolute security: Our number one priority will always and forever be the network and user security.
- Speedy transactions: We strive to create the fastest possible decentralized transactions.
- Worldwide decentralization: Keep the network open, transparent and accessible at all times.
- Easy of use: Allow anyone to sue and benefit from DigiByte in an easy to understand manner.
- Flexible Innovation: Quickly improve, adapt and innovate as new technology and threats arise.
List of exchanges, trading platform and marketplaces to trade, buy and sell DigiByte (DGB).
- Trade Satoshi
Frequently asked questions