Ceylon black tea
|English name||Ceylon black tea|
|Latin name||Ceylon black tea|
|Door||Angiosperm door Angiospermae|
|Subspecies||Ceylon black tea|
|Distribution area||Sri Lanka|
Ceylon black tea
- Ceylon black tea is produced in Sri Lanka and is a general term. Also known as "Xi Leng Black Tea" and "Xi Lan Black Tea", the name is derived from the pronunciation of Ceylon in Ceylon, directly transliterated. Tingbula tea and Nuwara Eliya tea produced in the western region of the mountain range are best harvested in January-March due to the influence of the southwest monsoon rain in summer (May-August).
- Ceylon, the old name of the Republic of Sri Lanka. Ceylon Highland Black Tea and Anhui Tuen Mun Black Tea, Darjeeling Black Tea are also called the world's three major black teas. Its main varieties are Wuwo tea or Uba tea, Tembra tea and Nuwara Eliya tea.
- Ceylon black tea with excellence
- The perennial clouds are filled with water, and the northeast monsoon blown in winter brings rainfall (November-February), which is unfavorable for tea garden production. The quality obtained from July to September is the best.
- Ceylon's Highland Tea is usually made into a broken tea, which is russet. The Wuwo tea soup is orange-red and bright, and the soup noodle ring of the top has a golden aperture, which is like a crowning; the soup of Tingbula is bright red, with a refreshing taste, with floral fragrance and less astringency. Nuwara Eliya tea is lighter in color, aroma and taste than the former two. The soup is orange-yellow, with a clear fragrance and a slightly greenish taste.  Ceylon black tea is the leader in the world black tea market.
Place of origin
- The six production areas of Ceylon black tea include Uwa UVA, Uda Pussellawa, Nuwara Eliya, Luhana Ruhuna, Candi Kandy, Dibula, etc., depending on the altitude, Different temperatures and humidity have different characteristics.
- Among these areas, the most famous is the Uwa tea UVA. Uwa Tea and China's Tuen Mun Black Tea, Indian Assam Black Tea and Darjeeling Black Tea are also known as the world's four famous teas. Its strong flavor and heavy taste make it suitable for brewing aromatic milk tea. Nuwana Ari Tea is an alpine tea with a light brown color and a fragrant tea. It is best served with pure tea. Candi tea grows in the middle-altitude producing area, and the taste is not as deep as that of Wuwa tea, but the tea fragrance and the milky fragrance blend together to form the just-right compromise.
- The tea produced in different tea areas of each producing area has different brewing methods and different tastes. At the time of purchase, pay attention to the exterior label of the box. Some manufacturers will mark (CeylonUVA) for the highland Uwa tea, and some labels (CeylonDIMbula) for the Ceylon (Dimbula).
- Sri Lankan tea is characterized by low sodium content. It is an ideal drink for people who have high blood pressure and need a small amount of sodium.
- Ceylon Black Tea After the introduction of Hong Kong into Hong Kong, it has developed into a drink with Hong Kong's authentic characteristics: stockings milk tea and black tea.
- Drinking a small cup of black tea every day can prevent osteoporosis, and the long-term effect is more obvious; adding strong lemons to black tea is better.
- The antioxidant effect of black tea is no less than that of green tea, and black tea is more beneficial to heart health.
- Black tea has a good anti-aging effect. Long-term drinking can help reduce facial fine lines, make the skin moist and smooth, and truly beautiful from the inside out!
- Black tea can help digestion of the gastrointestinal tract, promote appetite, diuresis, eliminate edema, and strengthen myocardial function.
- Black tea has strong antibacterial ability. It can prevent the cold caused by virus by using black tea mouthwash, prevent tooth decay and food poisoning, and lower blood sugar level and high blood pressure.
- Ceylon black tea grade
- The international black tea grade is generally OP : Orange Pekoe, usually refers to the long and complete leaves of the leaves. BOP : Broken Orange Pekoe, as the name implies, a finer OP. It has a strong taste and is generally suitable for brewing milk tea. FOP : Flowerery Orange Pekoe, black tea with more leaves. TGFOP: Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe, black tea with more golden leaves. The aroma is also more mesmerizing. FTGFOP: Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe, a high quality tea made from finely ground. SFTGFOP: Super Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe, the word "Super" is added, the meaning is self-evident. CTC: Crush Tear Curl, after withering and smashing, using special machines to crush the tea, tear, and curl into small particles, which is convenient for a very short time. The tea juice is brewed inside, so it is often used to make tea bags.
- Ceylon black tea is generally only classified as OP, BOP and FOP. There is no strict classification of Indian black tea. When choosing Ceylon black tea, the black tea grade is only a reference index.
- Black tea is not like green tea. The popular method of drinking is to add a variety of natural or artificial flavors to the taste of different people. This spice must be naturally harmless, such as natural flavors such as apples and lemons. At the same time, Ceylon black tea has the distinction of tea and non-blended. For example, English breakfast tea is often made up of Assam tea (take its concentration), Ceylon tea (take its taste), and Kenyan tea (take its color) according to a certain proportion. This blending and blending has essence. The difference is that the blending can be used to complement each other, while the blending will mix different regions, different picking time, black tea and different grades of black tea, destroying the pure taste of black tea, in order to pursue higher profits.
Production area classification
- Uwo tea
- The Ceylon Highland Black Tea is best produced on the eastern side of the mountainous region and has the best quality from July to September. Wuwo tea soup is orange-red and bright, and the soup noodle ring of the top has a golden aperture, which is like “coronation”; its flavor is irritating, revealing the aroma of peppermint and lily of the valley, and it tastes mellow, although it is bitter, but sweet aftertaste.
- Tingbra Tea and Nuwara Eliya Tea
- Tingbula tea and Nuwara Eliya tea produced in the western region of the mountain range were best harvested in January-March due to the influence of the southwest monsoon rain in the summer of May-August.
- Uwo tea is very suitable for clear drinks, but also enjoy the fun of enjoying the golden halo noodle soup, but because of the embarrassment, it is often added with fresh milk or lemon, which is suitable for drinking during the day. Nuwara Eliya tea should also be a clear drink, elegant and unique. Tingbula tea contains less phenolic substances and is suitable for making iced black tea, or adding spices such as mint and cinnamon to prepare flavored black tea.
- Once the tea bag is opened, it will absorb the moisture and taste in the air. Therefore, if it cannot be used within a short period of time after opening, it is best to store the tea bag in a sealed can and store it in a cool place or in the refrigerator to maintain Dry and quality tea bags.
- In order to regulate the export of Ceylon black tea, the Sri Lankan government tea export authority has uniformly issued the “Ceylon tea quality mark” with the sword lion king logo. The upper part of the rectangular sign is a male lion with a right front paw and the upper and lower rows. In English, the upper row is the word Ceylontea, which is “Ceylon tea”, and the lower row is the Symbolofquality word, which means “quality mark”. The Ceylon black tea with this mark is the pure Ceylon black tea approved by the Sri Lankan government.