|Established||The year 1995|
|Business Scope||Books, electronics, household products, etc.|
|Top 500||26th (2017) |
- 1 Amazon
- 2 Company development
- 3 Positioning change
- 4 Sales strategy
- 5 Product service
- 6 Virtual currency
- 7 Refund policy
- 8 Layout domain name
- 9 Amazon China
- 10 Controversial event
- 11 Robot enabled
- 12 AWS cloud computing
- 13 Physical bookstore
- 14 Product spot check
- 15 Discussions
- 16 More info
- 17 What Links Here
- 18 References
- Amazon (network e-commerce company).
- Amazon (Amazon, NASDAQ: AMZN) is the largest online e-commerce company in the United States, located in Seattle, Washington. It was one of the first companies to start e-commerce on the Internet. Amazon was founded in 1995. At the beginning, it only operated online book sales. Now it has expanded into a wide range of other products and has become the world's largest online retail product. The company and the world's second largest Internet company, under the company name, also include AlexaInternet, a9, lab126, and Internet Movie Database (IMDB) and other subsidiaries.
- Amazon and other vendors offer millions of unique new, refurbished and second-hand products to customers, such as books, movies, music and games, digital downloads, electronics and computers, home gardening supplies, toys, baby products, food, apparel., footwear and jewellery, health and personal care products, sports and outdoor products, toys, automotive and industrial products.
- Amazon's wholly-owned acquisition of Joyo.com in August 2004 combined Amazon's leading online retail expertise with Joyo's deep Chinese market experience to further enhance the customer experience and promote the growth of China's e-commerce. In October 2016, Amazon ranked 8th in the world's 100 most valuable brands in 2016.  In February 2017, Brand Finance released the 2017 Global Top 500 Brands list, and Amazon ranked third.  Ranked 12th in the 2017 Fortune 500 list released on June 7, 2017.  In June 2017, "BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2017" announced that Amazon ranked fourth. 
- In March 2018, the official website of Beijing Consumers Association showed that Beijing Consumers Association purchased 19 comparative test samples in Amazon in 2017, 9 of which were not up to standard, and the non-compliance rate was 47.4%.  On July 19, 2018, the Fortune Global 500 list was released, and Amazon ranked 18th. 
- Amazon was on July 16, 1995 by Jeff Bezos (  Founded by Jeff Bezos, it was originally called Cadabra. Nature is the basic online bookstore. However, the visionary Bezos saw the potential and characteristics of the network. When the entity's large bookstore provided 200, 000 books, the online bookstore could offer more choices to readers than 200, 000 books.
- Bezos bred Cadabra on earth
- Amazon's original plan was originally to start profiting after 4 to 5 years. The network bubble in 2000 caused Amazon's stable growth style to become a unique story. In the 1990s, quite a few Internet companies grew rapidly. At that time, Amazon's Shareholders kept complaining that Bezos’ business strategy was too conservative and slow. In the dot-com bubble, those fast-growing Internet companies ended their business. Only Amazon had profit. In the fourth quarter of 2002, Amazon’s net profit was about 5 million dollars. In 2004, it grew to more than 300 million US dollars.
- DVD, books,
- In January 2004, Amazon launched a special event for presidential candidates to encourage customers to donate US$5 to $200 to their ideal US presidential candidates as a campaign fund. In 1999, Bezos became the annual figure of Time Magazine because of his business strategy.
- On July 8, 2009, Amazon's official website was blocked. The government did not give any reason for the blockade. Now you can log in, Amazon's website IMDb can now log in.
- In this regard, Amazon has launched a commitment to consumers "everyday low price, authentic guarantee." Wang Hanhua, President of Amazon.com explained: "As the site of Amazon's online retailer with the largest variety of products in the world in China, Amazon has genuine guarantees for all kinds of products such as software digital, home appliances 3C, toys and gifts."
- Amazon China has developed rapidly, maintaining rapid growth every year and the number of users has increased significantly. Has 28 categories, nearly 6 million kinds of products.
- On September 6, 2012, Amazon released the new Kindle Fire tablet and the Kindle Paperwhite e-reader with screen backlighting.
- On March 18th, 2013, Amazon has produced a series of big-budget TV series, which can only be viewed on the Internet, because the company is launching a “war” with Netflix to compete for people on smartphones and tablets. Interest in watching TV shows on computers and Internet TV to expand their presence in the field of streaming services.
- Due to the outstanding performance of Amazon Cloud Service provided by Amazon in 2013, the famous IT development magazine SD Times selected it as 2013 SD Times 100, ranked second in the “API, Library and Framework” category, and “Cloud Aspect” category ranking. First place, the "Great Influence" category ranked first!
- On May 5th, 2014, Twitter and Amazon teamed up to open users to purchase directly from the tweets of their microblogging services, and to increase the membership stickiness by increasing e-commerce. 
- On August 13, 2014, Amazon launched its own credit card reader, the Amazon Local Register, to further expand into the offline market.
- On January 20, 2015, Amazon's movie studio will start filming. These movies will be first shown in the cinema before they are seen on the Amazon Prime video streaming service. 
- On the afternoon of March 6, 2015, Amazon China (Z.cn) announced that it will begin trial operation of the “amazon official flagship store” in Tmall. It is scheduled to be officially launched in April 2015. In the first phase of the flagship store, Amazon's China's most popular "imported direct-selling" products, including footwear, food, drinks, kitchen utensils and toys, will be promoted. 
- On June 8, 2016, "BrandZ Global Top 100 Most Valuable Brands 2016" was announced, and Amazon ranked seventh. 
- In October 2016, Amazon ranked 8th in the world's 100 most valuable brands in 2016. 
- On May 5, 2017, Amazon is preparing to set up a new R&D center in Cambridge, England for scientific research and development. 
- On December 21, 2017, the World Brand Lab's 2017 (fourteenth) “World Brand Top 500” was unveiled in New York, and Amazon continued to maintain its “third place” position. 
- As of March 20, 2018, Amazon's market capitalization has surpassed Google's parent company Alphabet, becoming the world's second-largest market capitalization company after Apple. 
- On May 21, 2018, the 2018 Fortune 500 list was released, and Amazon ranked eighth. 
- On May 29, 2018, "BrandZ Global Top 100 Most Valuable Brands in 2018" was released, and Amazon ranked third. 
- On June 20, 2018, Amazon's official website launched Amazon's global collection service. This service does not require a foreign bank card or a third-party account. The seller can receive the global payment in local currency and deposit it directly into the seller's domestic bank account. 
- On September 4, 2018, Amazon's share price once surpassed 2050.50 US dollars, becoming the second US company with a market capitalization of $1 billion after Apple. 
- In April 1998, Amazon acquired IMDb (Internet Movie Database Company);
- In August 1998, Amazon acquired Junglee (data mining company) for $186 million;
- In August 1998, Amazon acquired Planetall (social networking company) for $93 million;
- In June 1999, Amazon acquired Alexa for $250 million;
- In April 2003, Amazon acquired its online music store competitor en: CD Now;
- In August 2004, Amazon acquired China's Joyo.com for $75 million (excellent at the time was an online bookstore);
- In July 2005, Amazon acquired CustomFlix (DVD maker);
- In February 2006, Amazon acquired Shopbop (female fashion shopping website);
- In May 2007, Amazon acquired Dpreview (Digital Camera Evaluation Website);
- In March 2008, Amazon acquired Audible (an audiobook website) for $300 million;
- In July 2009, Amazon acquired Zappos (online shoe store) for 1.2 billion;
- In June 2010, Amazon acquired Woot (group buying website) for $110 million;
- In October 2010, Amazon said it will acquire BuyVIP.com, a European online shopping service website, to expand its market share in the region. The financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Greg Greeley, vice president of European retail for Amazon, said that BuyVIP.com is an excellent complement to Amazon's European business, providing another unique way for Amazon customers to find and discover unique and enticing products.
- In November 2010, Amazon acquired Quidsi for $550 million;
- In July 2011, Amazon acquired The Book Depository (online bookstore);
- In 2011, Amazon also acquired Lovefilm, Pushbutton;
- In March 2012, Amazon acquired Kiva Systems, an automated robotics company.
- In March 2013, Amazon surpassed other local online retailers in Europe and became the most popular and most visited online retailer in Europe.
- On April 11, 2014, Amazon acquired digital comics company cosimXology. 
- On May 16, 2014, Amazon announced that it will invest 20 million US dollars in Shanghai's delicious seventy-seven, opening up a fresh strategic deployment in the Chinese market.
- On August 26, 2014, Amazon announced the acquisition of video game streaming service Twitch for $970 million in cash. 
- On November 4th, 2016, Amazon China announced that Amazon's overseas purchases were officially docked with Amazon's UK site, and over one million overseas shipments from Amazon's UK sites landed on Amazon's overseas stores. 
- Becoming "the largest bookstore on the planet" (1994-1997)
- In the summer of 1994, Bezos, who resigned from financial services company Deshaw, decided to create an online bookstore. Bezos believes that books are the most common commodity, with a high degree of standardization; and the American book market is large and suitable for entrepreneurship. After about a year of preparation, the Amazon website was officially launched in July 1995. In order to compete with offline book giants Barnes & Noble, Borders, Bezos positioned Amazon as "Earth's biggest bookstore". To achieve this goal, Amazon has adopted a large-scale expansion strategy to exchange large losses for business scale. After running fast, it took less than two years for Amazon to go online from the website to the company. When Barnes & Noble launched online shopping in May 1997, Amazon had established a huge advantage in book online retail. After Amazon and Barnes & Noble had several encounters, Amazon finally established itself as the largest bookstore.
- Becoming the largest integrated online retailer (1997-2001)
- Bezos believes that compared with physical stores, an important advantage of online retail is that it can provide consumers with more choices of products. Therefore, expanding the category of websites and creating integrated e-commerce to form economies of scale has become a strategic consideration for Amazon. Amazon launched in May 1997, and Amazon, which has not yet established its absolute dominant position in the book online retail market, began to expand its merchandise category. After the previous supply and marketing, Amazon's music store was officially launched in June 1998. In just one quarter, Amazon Music Store has surpassed CDnow to become the largest online music product retailer. Since then, Amazon has expanded its category and international expansion. By the year 2000, Amazon's slogan had been changed to "the Internet's No.1 retailer."
- Becoming the “most customer-centric company” (2001-present)
- Since 2001, in addition to promoting itself as the largest online retailer, Amazon has also established the "world's most customer-centric company" as its goal. Since then, building a customer-centric service-oriented company has become the development direction of Amazon. To this end, Amazon began to promote third-party open marketplace (marketplace) in 2001, launched Web Services (AWS) in 2002, launched Prime service in 2005, and began providing outsourced logistics services to third-party sellers in 2007. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) In 2010, KDP launched its predecessor self-service digital publishing platform Digital Text Platform (DTP). Amazon has gradually introduced these services to become an integrated service provider beyond the scope of online retailers.
- Amazon's marketing campaigns are best reflected in their web pages. Amazon’s investment in marketing is also eye-catching: Amazon’s $1 for every $1 spent on marketing and pulling customers, while traditional retail stores cost just 4 cents.
- Amazon's marketing strategies are mainly:
- Amazon is committed to being the world's most "customer-centric" company. It has become the online retailer with the largest variety of products in the world. Amazon and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories including books, movies, music and games, digital downloads, electronics and computers, home and garden supplies, toys, baby products, groceries, apparel, Footwear, jewellery, health and beauty products, sports, outdoor products, tools, and automotive and industrial products.
- At the same time, it is easy to see the contents and messages of several other pages in each page, which will classify different products and implement different marketing strategies and promotion methods for different electronic products.
- Amazon has adopted a discount price strategy. The so-called discount strategy means that in order to stimulate consumers to increase purchases, the company gives a certain rebate on the original price of the goods. It compensates for discounted expenses and increases profits by expanding sales. Amazon gives a significant amount of rebates to most items. For example, in music products, promise: "You'll enjoy everyday savings of up to 40% on CDs, including up to 30% off Amazon 's 100 best-selling CDs (40% discount on CD category, where Includes a 30% rebate on the best-selling CD."
- There are four main types of popular promotion methods, namely, business and customer and public communication tools. They are advertising, personal marketing, public relations, and business promotion. In the Amazon webpage, in addition to personnel sales, the rest are reflected.
- The enjoyment of Amazon does not necessarily mean whether there is enough money to buy the book you want, but the process of choosing a book. Holding a book in his hand and looking at the beautiful cover, reading a profile is often a great pleasure in buying a book. On Amazon's homepage, except for the fact that you can't directly get the book, this kind of fun will not be reduced. Exquisite multimedia pictures, clear content briefs and authoritative book reviews can make people feel immersive.
- The location of the advertisement on the homepage is also very reasonable. The first is the best book of the day, followed by the recent bestseller introduction, the recommendation book of the book club, and the famous author books. Not only does it have a large number of multimedia ads on Amazon's web pages, but it's also often seen on other related web sites. For example, at Yahoo! You can see Amazon's ads when you search for a book site.
- Another feature of advertising is its dynamic real-time. The ad layout that is changed every day allows customers to get the latest publications and the most authoritative reviews. Not only will the ad be changed every day, but you can also read the message that every hour is changing from "Chech out the Amazon Hot 100. Updated hourly".
- Amazon is doing everything possible to promote its own outlets and constantly seek partners. With many partners and middlemen, the convenience and shopping opportunities for customers to enter their outlets have increased greatly. It has even generously made the following commitments: As long as you become an Amazon partner, it will be sold by your outlets. The book, regardless of whether it reaches a certain quota, Amazon will pay you 15% of the introduction fee.
- This is rare in other collaborative partnerships. Amazon has a lot of partners, from the following paragraph on its website "In fact, five of the six most visited Web sites are already Amazon Associates. Yahoo! And Excite are marketing products from their Web sites. So are AOL com, Geocities, Netscape, and tens of thousands of other sites both large and small.", we can know: including Yahoo! The five most frequently visited sites, including Excie, have become Amazon's partners.
- Amazon has set up a gift page to prepare a variety of gifts for both adults and children. This is actually a business promotion campaign for promotional strategies in value activities. It attracts customers to purchase the goods of the store for a long time by providing shopping vouchers or exquisite small gifts to customers of all ages. In addition, Amazon also offers discounts to customers who purchase their products for a long time, which is also a measure for business promotion.
- Amazon's dedicated gift page provides small gifts for online shoppers (including adults and children). This is both a business promotion and a public relations activity; moreover, it is a good business and public information. Communication, it humbly listens to and collects various public and related intermediaries' reflections on the company and its goods and services, and provides information to them and their internal employees, and often communicates information; the company also specializes in the first time on the network. The customer provides a page to provide customers with a variety of online usage instructions to help customers get familiar with them as soon as possible. This is also a way to improve public relations.
- (4) Amazon often removes some customers' shipping costs
- When the customer is on the university campus or is full of orders for a certain amount.
- (5) Amazon China has its own distribution center, which supports a variety of payment methods. You can enjoy free delivery service when you purchase qualified products over 99 yuan.
- On June 18, 2012, according to foreign media reports, Forbes columnists Scott Raney and Michael Cohen published in-depth reviews, saying that the rise of cloud computing technology will change dramatically. User needs and market patterns in the enterprise software arena. When some traditional software giants such as Cisco, IBM, and Oracle are studying this market, big companies such as Microsoft and Google have invested heavily and are beginning to compete for the dominant position in this market.
- In December 2012, Chris Cardinal, a management partner of Web development company Synapse Studios, discovered a vulnerability that apparently hurts Amazon more than its users. As of Monday, Amazon Media Relations did not respond to this. Cardinal, who reported this in HTMList, said his recent experience proves that Amazon needs to improve its security. "Obviously, Amazon has not substantially improved its authentication protocol."
- Open source and thrift: The secret of Amazon's profitability is the large purchase discount and free shipping service provided to customers. However, this kind of promotion strategy is also a double-edged sword: it generates huge costs while increasing sales. How to digest the resulting costs? Amazon's approach is to spare no effort to cut costs in financial management: reduce expenses, reduce personnel, use advanced and convenient order processing systems to reduce error rates, integrate delivery and save inventory costs... by reducing logistics costs, equivalent to less The promotion cost gets a bigger sales income, and then it is fed back to the consumers, in order to win more customers and form an effective virtuous circle. Of course, this puts high demands on Amazon's cost control capabilities and logistics systems.
- In addition, while actively reducing the number of profit growth points, Amazon is also selling new and old products online and cooperating with many merchants to sell the branded products of these merchants to Amazon customers and collect commissions from them. By enabling Amazon's customers to purchase the brands, merchandise and original books, music products and other products of many merchants in one place, it not only provides customers with more products, but also attracts many consumers with its diversified choices and product information. When you come to shop, you don't add extra inventory risks, you can do it. These effective open source and throttling measures are an important guarantee for the success of Amazon's low-cost promotions.
- After Amazon’s success with digital music in Apple’s iPod, Bezos
- In November 2007, Amazon introduced the first generation of Kindle, using electronic ink and improving the inadequacies of previous e-readers.
- In February 2009, Amazon launched the second generation Kindle.
- In July 2010, Amazon launched the third generation Kindle.
- On September 28, 2011, Amazon announced the launch of the touchscreen version of the Kindle Touch. On the same day, Amazon launched the Kindle Fire, officially entering the tablet market.
- On September 7, 2012, Amazon released the new generation of e-book Kindle Paperwhite, and released the Kindle Fire HD on the same day.
- It is worth mentioning that although Apple introduced the mini ipad in 2012, in February 2013, Brand Keys found that the tablet of Amazon's tablet has been defeated in the survey of consumer sentiment of 375 commercial brands in 54 categories. Apple.
- Internet service
- Amazon Web Services provides Amazon's development customers with infrastructure services based on their own back-end technology platform and over the Internet. With this technology platform, developers can implement almost any type of business. Examples of services provided by Amazon Web Services include Amazon Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon Flexible Payment Services (Amazon FPS), Amazon Mechanical Turk, and Amazon CloudFront.
- Project Aria
- On March 14, 2014, Amazon will launch a smartphone codenamed "Project Aria" that is much cheaper than the iPhone 6. 
- Amazon has quietly launched the new streaming music service PrimeMusic, which is aimed at Amazon's "Gold Member" users, which will provide more than one million songs for free.
- According to Sina and other media reports, PrimeMusic is a free streaming music service provided by Amazon for "Gold Member" users, including more than 1 million songs and hundreds of playlists with unlimited number of ads. Prime Music is a freemium service that combines the functionality of the existing free service Pandora and the paid service Beats Music. Amazon's new service chose a middle route that focused on ad-free music playback, diluting the pursuit of playlists and manual search for songs.
- Amazon Fresh
- Beijing time on October 17, 2014, Amazon will launch the fresh e-commerce service "Amazon Fresh" in New York City. This will be the first time Amazon has launched the service on the East Coast.
- Amazon said it will be the first to launch a fresh e-commerce service in the Park slope community in Brooklyn, New York, and then expand to other regions. Park Slope is one of the most liveable communities in New York. It is home to a number of young professionals, most of whom are Amazon users.
- Amazon said that for New York City's Amazon Fresh users, orders will be placed before 10 am, and will be delivered later that day, and orders after 10:00 will be delivered on the second day. Although the service is mainly based on fresh products, it also covers products such as electronics and toys.
- Initially, the service was only open to New York residents who have become Amazon Prime members. Amazon Prime members have an annual fee of $99, access to Amazon's streaming TV and movie shows, and free access to the "Next Day" delivery service.
- Before the end of 2014, these users will enjoy the Amazon Fresh service at no additional cost. But starting in 2015, to continue to enjoy the service, you need to upgrade to the $299 "Prime Fresh" service.
- Amazon launched the Amazon Fresh service only in Seattle and several other major cities in California. 
- Launched a street convenience store
- On the evening of October 11, 2016, the Wall Street Journal quoted a number of people familiar with the matter today as saying that Amazon will launch a physical convenience store to further expand its non-staple food business. According to people familiar with the matter, Amazon plans to set up small physical convenience stores to sell milk, meat and other perishable products that consumers can take home directly. In addition, consumers can order peanut butter, cereals or other longer-life videos from their mobile phones or touch screens next to convenience stores, which are then delivered by Amazon on the same day. 
- In November 2016, Amazon listed the “Home Assistant” position in the website recruitment column. Workers will help consumers clean up the room, but the recruitment is currently limited to the Seattle area. It is understood that the position will belong to a service called Amazon Assistants, the recruited personnel will be trained before taking up their posts, and they will all enjoy medical insurance, company stock and other benefits.
- Those who want to apply for this job must meet at least 3 years of relevant work experience - 5 years of priority, if you have a university degree or other conditions such as technical personnel, you can increase the success rate of the application. 
- To give developers more money by submitting apps, Amazon has launched Amazon Coin, the virtual currency for apps, games, and in-app purchases for the Kindle Fire.
- The virtual currency will be first launched in the US in May, when there will be two payment methods on the Kindle Fire, one by binding credit cards and the other by Amazon Coin. 1Coin=1 cents. The launch of virtual currency will stimulate consumption to a certain extent, because parents may be more willing to let their children make in-app purchases, which will benefit developers.
- For developers, there is no need to do any work with Amazon Coin, but if you haven't submitted your app yet, you need to submit it by April 25th to be able to use Amazon Coin in May.
- Amazon officially announced its first virtual currency, Coins, on May 13, 2013. user
- Like other virtual currencies (such as Facebook credits), Amazon's launch of Coins is also aimed at promoting users' spending on Amazon. Once users purchase Amazon Coins coins, they can only consume them on Amazon.com. Amazon will continue to accept users to purchase apps and games using traditional payment methods.
- Amazon Coins can only be used to purchase apps, games, and in-app projects, but Amazon has plans to expand the use of Coins. Mike George, vice president of Amazon's applications and games division, said: "We will increase the way users earn Coins and expand the use of Coins."
- The suspense is that Amazon will extend the use of Coins to all products beyond digital goods? In theory, since Amazon can use Coins in digital commodity trading, it can of course also use the Coins payment system for physical commodity trading.
- Amazon promises that in addition to some special products, within 30 days from the delivery time of the goods, if the goods and packaging are kept in the original state of Amazon and the accessories are complete, we will provide a full return service. According to the characteristics of various products, there are differences in the specific implementation rules of the return policy, please refer to the return policy of the goods.
- The following conditions will not be returned:
- 1. Any item not sold or distributed by Amazon;
- 2. Any product that has a quality problem, except those that have been used;
- 3. Any product that causes quality problems due to improper use and storage.
Layout domain name
- Amazon has become the largest retail site in the world, far exceeding Wal-Mart, Apple, eBaybizWatch and China's e-commerce giant Alibaba. According to ComScore data, in June 2011, about 20% of independent users around the world used Amazon's retail and auction sites, and Amazon's global independent users reached 282.2 million, ranking first in the world.
- 35.4% of Amazon's users are from North America, 31.8% are from Europe, and 24.1% are from Asia Pacific. At the same time, about 32% of Apple's users come from North America, and 29.6% of users come from Europe, 24.9%. Users from the Asia Pacific region.
- Amazon launched an iPhone app called Flow, which allows users to easily compare the prices of real and online products.
- Flow uses the camera behind the iPhone to scan the shopping barcode and display the price of the same item on Amazon. The app will be reviewed before the price is displayed. The detailed description will also give a recommendation for similar products. Of course, one of the most straightforward features is to select the purchase item directly on the page after browsing the product page.
- The Flow app is very simple to use and can quickly identify the information on the barcode and quickly display the corresponding recommendations and prices on Amazon.
- Amazon China is the website of Amazon, the world's largest e-commerce company, in China. Amazon China provides consumers with books, music, movies, mobile digital, home appliances, home, toys, health, beauty makeup, watch jewelry, clothing bags,
- Li Yanchuan joined Amazon China in October 2011. He is currently the vice president of Amazon China. He is responsible for the company's consumer electronics product line, including the introduction, sales and management of mobile phones, computers, cameras, digital electronics, office and other products.
- In the increasingly fierce Chinese e-commerce market war, Amazon China has gradually changed its low-key style in the past, regardless of online promotion, online promotion, marketing, and more and more actively participate in the fierce competition.
- Following the celebration of China's special celebrations at the end of April 2012, Amazon China released a report on the purchase of mobile phones in China in May, and began to develop the most important consumer electronics categories of traditional e-commerce.
- Amazon China has one of the largest and most advanced operating networks in the industry. There are currently 15 operation centers in Beijing (2), Suzhou (2), Guangzhou (2), Chengdu (2), Wuhan, Shenyang, Xi'an, Xiamen, Shanghai, Tianjin, Harbin and Nanning have a total operating area of over 700, 000 square meters. It is mainly responsible for manufacturers receiving goods, warehousing, inventory management, order delivery, transfer delivery, customer return, return to factory, product quality and safety. At the same time, Amazon China also has its own distribution team and customer service center to provide consumers with convenient distribution and after-sales service.
- Through the unremitting efforts of Amazon China and the strong support of consumers, Amazon China has maintained rapid growth every year, and the number of users has also increased significantly. In the future development, Amazon China will further enrich the product range, enhance the user experience, and strive to become the preferred online store for Chinese consumers with the most abundant selection, the most competitive price and the best customer experience.
Set up headquarters
- On August 20, 2014, the US e-commerce giant Amazon announced that it will set up an international trade headquarters in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, and realize the direct mailing of US goods to China through the "cross-border" platform. This means that the Haitao people no longer need to bypass the foreign countries to use third-party logistics, they can directly shop on the Amazon website in the United States or Europe, and the goods are the same price and settled in RMB. 
Direct mail China
- On October 29, 2014, Amazon China announced that it will open the service of six overseas direct mail companies in China, and consumers can enjoy more than 80 million kinds of products from Amazon, Germany, Spain, France, Britain and Italy. International selection. Before "11.11", Amazon China's "overseas purchase" service will also begin trial operation, fully launching the "Hao Tao" offensive and opening up the international brand strategy.
- According to reports, the opening of China's six major Amazon overseas sites, the collection of more than 80 million international products that can be directly mailed to China, including 25 million items from the US Amazon, 12 million choices from the German Amazon Products, 12 million items from Amazon, 10 million from France, 10 million from Amazon, and more than 8 million from Italy. The categories that open direct mail are the most local features of each site and are popular among Chinese consumers, such as footwear, apparel, maternal and child, nutritional health and personal care.
- Amazon Overseas Direct Mail can help consumers quickly process customs clearance and offer three (standard, accelerated, express) optional delivery services. The Amazon US site drastically reduced the international shipping cost of direct mail China and shortened the direct mail delivery time. The average shipping time was shortened to 9-15 days, and the fastest three working days could be delivered to consumers.
- In addition, in order to allow more consumers to easily carry out “overseas purchases”, Amazon China will begin trial operation of Amazon China “Overseas Purchase” service during the “11.11” period. When consumers log on to the Amazon China website, some consumers will have the opportunity to visit the “Overseas” store, enjoy the price that is synchronized with Amazon.com, and experience the Chinese localized purchase method and local after-sales support. 
- In addition to the Chinese interface, Amazon China has also made adjustments to tariffs and after-sales services. Amazon China said that when consumers place orders to purchase overseas products, Amazon China will collect import tariffs for consumers. If the actual amount of tariffs does not match the collection amount, Amazon China will refund the overcharged amount to consumers. The account, the less-receiving part, does not require the consumer to make up the payment, and implements “more retreats and less”. In addition, consumers who purchase products in the "Amazon Overseas Shopping" store can enjoy China's local after-sales service support.
- The 80, 000 products launched in the first phase of Amazon's overseas stores are mainly from Amazon USA, including well-known brands such as BornFree, Christian Dior and Calvin Klein. 
- Second quarter net loss of 7 million US dollars turned losses
- Amazon released the company's second quarter earnings report as of June 30, 2013. According to the financial report, in the second quarter of 2013, Amazon's net revenue increased by 22% year-on-year to US$15.7 billion; the net loss was US$7 million, and the second quarter of 2012 was a net profit of US$7 million.
- The financial report also showed that the company's second-quarter results failed to meet the expectations of Wall Street analysts as Amazon continued to spend huge sums of money on technology and content. In addition, Amazon's own third-quarter performance expectations are also relatively weak. Affected by these factors, the company's stock price also fell in the after-hours trading of the stock market.
- Players who bought the PS4 through Amazon found that they could not start the "initial bad" problem after getting the host, so the PS4 sales were suspended and the solution was resolved.
Tax evasion event
- On October 7, 2014, EU regulators launched a formal investigation into Amazon's tax arrangements in Luxembourg, causing another large US company to fall into a survey of high concern. 
- EU antitrust agency: The European Commission said it feared that a tax deal awarded to the Amazon (microblogging) by the Luxembourg tax authorities in 2003 might be equivalent to making the US company enjoy illegal state subsidies. The European Commission may ask Luxembourg to recover from Amazon the tax that the EU believes it has not paid. As part of the same investigation, Luxembourg provided information on a number of cases, including Amazon, at its request in August. The move shows that the EU's tax investigation may spread to a greater extent.
- In 2003, Luxembourg’s tax ruling applied to Amazon’s local subsidiary: Amazon EU Sarl. The European Commission said the ruling may underestimate the taxable profits of the Amazon subsidiary, which accounts for the majority of Amazon's European operating profits. 
- "Double Eleven" is coming soon, I believe that many netizens are preparing ammunition to be put into "shopping". However, for some unreasonable ultra-low price advice given by some businesses, it is necessary to be especially wary - the world famous e-commerce website Amazon It was pushed to the forefront by attracting consumers at ultra-low prices but not being able to cash. Mr. Li, a citizen of Chengdu, encountered an annoyance when he was waiting for the goods to be received online. The goods he ordered on Amazon.com were suddenly told by the website that the goods were out of stock and the order was cancelled. 
- From November 1st, 2014, Amazon China implemented a new salary assessment plan. The original basic salary, floating bonus cancellation, night shift commission, triple commission order and other income will be recalculated according to the new plan. Although the single order commission has been improved, the delivery staff believes that due to the shortage of orders and the change in the calculation method of the commission, the actual income of the distributors is far below the pre-adjustment level. In this regard, Amazon China is located in some outlets in Beijing, some logistics personnel are shutting down, and has affected the normal delivery of goods. After the “strike”, Amazon China’s response strategy was to divert the orders from the distribution point to nearby third-party distribution agencies. 
- On December 16, Beijing time, the Seattle police issued an official statement on Monday saying that a staff member of Amazon found a threat letter in the bathroom, and the police had evacuated employees in an Amazon office building in the city.
- The police sent a mine detection team to assist in the investigation. An Amazon employee revealed to Seattle-based local television station Komo News that the company's CEO, Jeff Bezos, was also in the office building during the evacuation.
- A Seattle police detective said that the police did not find any anomalies and had evacuated around 13 o'clock Pacific time (5:00 on Tuesday, Beijing time). 
- French Economy Minister Bruno Lemer said on the 27th that France and Germany will jointly tax Internet giants such as Google, Apple, Facebook and Amazon to ensure that multinational corporations pay the same tax as local companies. 
- In the early morning of November 24th, Italian local trade unions said that because of dissatisfaction with the salary and working environment, the employees of Amazon Italy are planning to strike during the "Black Friday" and protest. 
- In 2012, Amazon spent $775 million to acquire Kiva Systems, a robotics research and development company, designed to increase the level of automation in Amazon's warehouses. In May 2012, 1400 robots were active in the Amazon warehousing logistics line. 
- Amazon announced that it will use tens of thousands of robots to process orders for customers in the shopping season before the end of 2014. These robots can identify the bar code and then move the corresponding items on the shelf to the human employee. This will greatly improve the efficiency of human employees and save the company.
- To welcome the Christmas shopping season, Amazon has deployed more than 15, 000 Kiva robots in 10 warehousing centers across the US to reduce order costs and increase delivery speeds.
- On the day before the "Web Monday", the largest online shopping feast of the year, Amazon showed the media the orange weight of 320 lbs (145 kg) designed by Amazon subsidiary Kiva Systems with cross-shaped lifting discs and bottom rollers. Kiva robot.
- Kiva robots can help Amazon shorten delivery times in order to compete with physical stores - shopping places that Americans are still used to. It can also help Amazon avoid revisiting the nightmare of last year's Christmas shopping season: In 2013, the surge in online shopping parcels seriously exceeded the carrying load of the courier company UPS, resulting in many Christmas parcels will not be delivered to customers before Christmas. For customers who did not receive the package on time, Amazon said it offered a $20 voucher and refunded the shipping fee in full. 
AWS cloud computing
- On the morning of January 30, 2015, Amazon CFO Tom Szkutak said in a report on today's earnings conference that Amazon will separately disclose its cloud computing business AWS department from the first fiscal year of fiscal 2015. Financial performance. So investors and the public will soon be able to understand the revenue generated by this cloud computing business. 
- On March 8, 2016, Beijing will open a second physical bookstore in the San Diego shopping center. The bookstore is close to the Tesla store, facing the Apple retail store. The signboard erected outside the store shows that it will open in "this summer." 
Product spot check
- In March 2018, the official website of Beijing Consumers Association showed that Beijing Consumers Association purchased 19 comparative test samples in Amazon in 2017, 9 of which were not up to standard, and the non-compliance rate was 47.4%. The 9 non-compliance samples include: 1 Siqing Gaowa brand cashmere sweater, 1 kind of STALON brand children's mat, 1 kind of shepherd's home brand mat, 4 kinds of E-shirt brand tights, 1 kind of Shangpengtang cup pot, a kind of iNSPire bedding. 
- Search for more info on Amazon.
- Google News: Search for related news on Amazon
- Google Image: Search for related images on Amazon
- YouTube: Search for related videos on Amazon
What Links Here
- Top 500. Phoenix reference date 2017-07-22
- Apple Google Coca-Cola became the top three of the 100 most valuable brands. Sina technology reference date 2016-10-07
- 2017 global brand top 500 announced: Apple lost the Chinese brand into the top 10 . Beijing Youth Network cited date 2017-02-05
- 2017 Fortune America 500. Phoenix reference date 2017-06-08
- 2017BrandZ Global Top 100 Most Valuable Brands. Sohu.com reference date 2017-06-13
- 1 . People's Network reference date 2018-03-19
- The 2018 World Top 500 is released: Wal-Mart ranks in the top five Chinese companies. Sina reference date 2018-07-20
- Amazon China launches celebrity signature bookstore. Xinhuanet reference date 2013-11-12
- Twitter with Amazon Open Label Shopping. Sina. 2014-05-05 Reference date 2014-05-05
- Amazon announced its involvement in the film industry: 12 movie theaters are produced each year first | Amazon | Movies. Phoenix Technology cited date 2015-01-21
- Amazon announced that the Tmall flagship store trial operation plan was officially launched in April. Sina quoted date 2015-03-08
- 2016 Global Top 100 Most Valuable Brands List: Ali Jingdong and others. Sina Finance cited date 2016-06-10
- Amazon set up a new R&D center in Cambridge, England: for the development of Alexa. Sina quoted date 2017-05-06
- The industry rated the world's top 500 brands: Google ranked first in China's 37 brands. - Quoted date 2018-01-05
- Amazon jumped to the second largest market capitalization company in the world. People quoted date 2018-03-22
- Fortune 500, the United States: Apple ranked fourth in the Amazon. Sina reference date 2018-05-22
- BrandZ released the list of the world's most valuable brands: Tencent Ali is in the top ten. Sina reference date 2018-05-29
- Amazon sellers can receive global payments in local currency. Sina quoted date 2018-06-20
- Amazon's market value once broke through trillions of dollars and became the second after Apple. Tencent network reference date 2018-09-04
- Amazon acquires digital comics company cosimXology. Sina quoted date 2014-04-11
- Amazon's biggest acquisition: Why do you buy Twitch for billion? . Sina. 2014-8-26 Reference date 2014-12-23
- After the United States and Asia, Amazon China announced its docking with Yingya. NetEase Technology Reference Date 2016-11-06
- Amazon launched the Project Aria smartphone during the year. Sina quoted date 2014-03-14
- Amazon announced the launch of a fresh e-commerce service in New York City. Sina. 2014-10-17 Reference date 2014-10-18
- The news said that Amazon will launch a street convenience store to strengthen the non-staple food business. Sina quoted date 2016-10-10
- Amazon plans to launch a housekeeping service in Seattle. NetEase cited date 2016-11-12
- "Hai Tao" big upgrade: the United States Amazon direct mail China. Dahe network reference date 2014-08-21
- 3. Amazon opened overseas six-country sites to direct mail to China to open the sea to attack. Xinhuanet reference date 2013-10-30
- Amazon overseas direct mail enabled Chinese. Sina News cited date 2014-11-11
- The EU initiated an investigation into Amazon's tax arrangements in Luxembourg. Sina Finance cited date 2014-10-08
- Netizens across the country were unilaterally cancelled by Amazon. Netease news reference date 2014-11-10
- Some logistics employees in Amazon Beijing stopped working due to dissatisfaction with the assessment plan. NetEase cited date 2014-11-08
- The Amazon headquarters in Amazon is suspected of being bombed and threatening employees to evacuate. Sina reference date 2014-12-16
- France and Germany will join hands to tax the US Internet giant: Google Apple Facebook Amazon. 澎湃News quoted date 2017-08-28
- Due to dissatisfaction with pay, Amazon employees are planning a "black five strike." Phoenix network reference date 2017-11-24
- Amazon's 10, 000 robots will save up to 40% in cost per order during the shopping season. Phoenix reference date 2014-11-23
- Amazon will separately disclose the financial performance of the AWS cloud computing department in the next quarter. Sina reference date 2015-01-31
- Amazon's second physical bookstore opened this summer to Apple retail stores. Netease reference date 2016-03-08